Chances of Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RiYo

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I was just wondering what are my chances of getting into dental schools for this cycle. I am from Georgia

Overall GPA: 3.72
DAT Scores: AA 20, PAT 21, TS 20 (QR 22, RC 16, BIO 17, GC 22, OC 23)

Shadowing experiences: 257 hours shadowing with two general dentists and one D3 dental student

Volunteering experiences: 180 hours in the University Hospital, 20 hours tutoring at church, 18 hours at Food Bank, 24 hours tutoring for the student organization at University

LoR: One from Volunteer coordinator at the University Hospital, One from the dentist I shadowed for >70 hours, Two from my science professors, One from my English professor

School Lists:
Case Western Reserve University
University of Augusta
Tufts University
Boston University
Arizona School of Dentistry
Western University
Temple University
and other private schools

Will I be able to get accepted to several dental school? or should I retake DAT for RC and bio...?
English is not my first language so I am not sure if I would score better even if I retake

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
No... I have not reached out to Augusta University. Should I?
Yes, I do have an access to a preheat advisor and a club!

Members don't see this ad :)
No... I have not reached out to Augusta University. Should I?
Yes, I do have an access to a preheat advisor and a club!
1) Why haven't you reached out? I know many predental students who go to recruiting fairs, especially the Hinman Meeting (when it was in-person).
2) Any feedback from any of your peers or your prehealth advisor about your application?

1) Why haven't you reached out? I know many predental students who go to recruiting fairs, especially the Hinman Meeting (when it was in-person).
2) Any feedback from any of your peers or your prehealth advisor about your application?

1. I dont live in georgia because I go to school in a different state so I did not really have a chance to

2. My advisors said it should be okay bc I have decent gpa and other subscores...?