Chances of admission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

afuen031

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my app today to the following 6 schools
UCSF
UF
Nova
Uni of Kentucky
Uni of Texas
North Carolina Chapel Hill

My stats are
GPA: 3.94

Major: Chemistry Bachelors of Science (at Florida International University, finishing in spring)

PCAT: 99 composite

LOR: 1 from the residency director for pharmacy at palmetto general hospital . 1 from science professor whom I've worked for the past year

Extracurriculars:
4 months doing clinical rotations in the ICU with a pharmacist

6 months in rotating with another doctor in the gastro unit

Chemistry club member/ chair of recruitment

Active member of pre pharmacy student association

Learning assistant for general chemistry (4 months)

Learning assistant for Orgo chem (8 months )

Awards:

Some scholarships

Excellence in organic chemistry ( American Chemical Society south Florida)

I am a Florida resident, also Hispanic (born in Cuba)

What are my chances? And are there scholarships for pharmacy school? Also how long does it take schools to send out secondaries ?

Members don't see this ad.

i honestly think it is 100% you will get any schools you want, unless you screw up on your essays or interviews

Reactions: 1 user
Did you volunteer at a veterinarian clinic?

You're good. You're in.

All the best.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys, any idea what financial aid those pharmacy schools have to offer?

lol luckily u did not apply the pharm school i wanna get in:yawn:

haha... seriously?
I'd take an extra year to bring up that awful GPA... ;)

Reactions: 3 users
That's a stellar score even for medical school! Are you sure you came to the right forum? Pre-Med is next door...

Reactions: 2 users
I submitted my app today to the following 6 schools
UCSF
UF
Nova
Uni of Kentucky
Uni of Texas
North Carolina Chapel Hill

My stats are
GPA: 3.94

Major: Chemistry Bachelors of Science (at Florida International University, finishing in spring)

PCAT: 99 composite

LOR: 1 from the residency director for pharmacy at palmetto general hospital . 1 from science professor whom I've worked for the past year

Extracurriculars:
4 months doing clinical rotations in the ICU with a pharmacist

6 months in rotating with another doctor in the gastro unit

Chemistry club member/ chair of recruitment

Active member of pre pharmacy student association

Learning assistant for general chemistry (4 months)

Learning assistant for Orgo chem (8 months )

Awards:

Some scholarships

Excellence in organic chemistry ( American Chemical Society south Florida)

I am a Florida resident, also Hispanic (born in Cuba)

What are my chances? And are there scholarships for pharmacy school? Also how long does it take schools to send out secondaries ?

That's a stellar score even for medical school! Are you sure you came to the right forum? Pre-Med is next door...

my hat off to you OP !! I hope the pharmacy profession to be lucky to have more of Superman like this. But like Owlbright said, you should apply to medical schools instead... We do NOT, I repeat, We do NOT want to compete with you in schools or later for jobs :) jk

All kidding asides, congrats on that excellent stat !! You probably get 90+++ % to get in those schools given those 3.94 GPA and 99 percentile PCAT !!

Keep us posted !! GL :)

wow! awesome stats! We are both from the same school and are both in the Pharmacy club! :O small world... I'm trying to get into NOVA, hopefully everything turns out great for both of us! And like everyone said, you have a 100% chance of getting in anywhere you want as long as you do good in your interview/personal statement :)

We need smart people in pharmacy too... :)

@oldstock , i though you said i was superman (really superwoman)... Does not compare to my 6.72 GPA! haha

We need smart people in pharmacy too... :)

@oldstock , i though you said i was superman (really superwoman)... Does not compare to my 6.72 GPA! haha

Lol but that was a typo right ? ? Seriously this one is a Superman and you are a Supergirl ;)

Lol but that was a typo right ? ? Seriously this one is a Superman and you are a Supergirl ;)

Of course it was a typo!

That's okay, i'll relinquish the title to someone more deserving and less dyslexic. :) I just got a little jealous....

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow thanks so much, I was not aware that UCSF required 3 letters of rec.
neji maybe I have seen you around.
Guys I wish I was superman, I'm more like supernerd !

Reactions: 1 users
uuh... Supernerd> Superman

Wow thanks so much, I was not aware that UCSF required 3 letters of rec.
neji maybe I have seen you around.
Guys I wish I was superman, I'm more like supernerd !
ya, most likely :p I'm a bio major tho! and NOVA also requires 3 letters, but I'm sure it will be easy to get the last one!

Yeah I am working on it now, how about the University of Kentucky ? Do they also require 3? I could not find this information on their site.

Yeah I am working on it now, how about the University of Kentucky ? Do they also require 3? I could not find this information on their site.

Superman, have you checked them out on PharmCAS's school directory ?? The info on # of LORs should be there ;)

I'll check there oldstock, thanks I did not know I had this at my disposal. I am not familiar with pharmCAS

Yeah, FIU is not the best school out there I agree.

Only thing hurting you is that you went to a weak school. Other than that, you're fine
hate it when I see this... FIU is NOT a weak school :( (its not in the same rank as UF), but its not weak!
@afuen031 *cough* You should at least try to defend your school :p

Don't think pharm schools put much weight on the university you are attending. I don't believe schools are indicative of a candidates ability to perform academically. Regardless, FIU is not highly ranked I agree with that, but it does not mean it isn't "good". Good is such a relative term.

I'll check there oldstock, thanks I did not know I had this at my disposal. I am not familiar with pharmCAS

http://www.pharmcas.org/school-directory/#/

http://www.pharmcas.org/school-directory/#/pharmd/general-information

"
University of Kentucky
College of Pharmacy

Letters of Reference ↑
  • Are letters of reference (LORs) accepted? Yes
    • Number of LORs you accept: Three (3)
    • Are LORs required? Yes
    • Do applicants send the LORs to PharmCAS, or directly to your school? to PharmCAS
  • Institution Specific Details:
    Applicants are required to provide 1 letter from a professor or pharmacist, if possible.

• LOR types that are REQUIRED:
  • LOR types that are RECOMMENDED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
    • Pharmacist
    • Professor (Science)
  • LOR types that are CONDITIONALLY ACCEPTED:
  • Note: please verify the institution specific details regarding CONDITIONALLY ACCEPTED LOR types.
    • Employer
    • Faculty Adviser
    • Health Care Professional
    • Pharmacist
    • Pre-Health Adviser
    • Professor (Liberal Arts)
    • Professor (Math)
    • Professor (Science)
    • Supervisor
    • Teaching Assistant
    • Recommended in addition to the letters of reference from a science professor or pharmacist, if possible.
  • LOR types that are NOT ACCEPTED:
    • Family Member
  • Are Committee Letters accepted? Yes
    • A Committee Letter is: Conditionally Accepted
    • Details: Recommended in addition to the letters of reference from a science professor or pharmacist, if possible.
    • Does it count as more than one LOR? Yes
  • Are Composite Letters accepted? Yes
    • A Composite Letter is: Conditionally Accepted
    • Details: Recommended in addition to the letters of reference from a science professor or pharmacist, if possible.
    • Does it count as more than one LOR? Yes"

http://schoolpages.pharmcas.org/publishedsurvey/477

Hey guys, I just want to let you know that me and BMB advocate market saturation and possibly $500k on student loan you will owe. Ask BMB for a formula to calculate how much you pay each month before you apply. I doubt it will be less than $10k a month and 50 years repayment

is nova a nice school, why are u and nejii so enthusiast about it?

is nova a nice school, why are u and nejii so enthusiast about it?
Its not a bad school. For a private school, it got a good tuition. You can find any rotation you want down here in Florida. They got a new curriculum just a few years ago, and it seems pretty nice. I would say its the 2nd best school in Florida after UF. (for me its 1st tho :))