Chances of an interview at this point in time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GhostInTheShell

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it too late? I made a post earlier about my stats. I mean the only reason why I still haven't turn in my app is because I'm still waiting for my mcat scores :( The ps was so bad I was very close to not count the grades,but I still did anyway. And the verbal/bs where meh, but I'm not entirely sure. May 5 is the day the scores come out.

GPA: 3.4 (more or less not sure)
My school of choice is Barry....but at this point I'll go anywhere a seat is available :) If there is any :(

Members don't see this ad.

Meh is good though! No one leaves the MCAT testing facility thinking, they aced it. If you did, chances are you probably tanked it. I heard Barry is only 1/2 full atm?

The dean at Barry told me the class should be filled by June. If I were you I would apply as soon as possible. It'll take time to send the transcripts and for your grades to appear in AACPMAS. Also, Superfeisty is right, you never walk out of that test feeling good...

Members don't see this ad :)
i don't think it's too late, i still get calls regarding my unfinished application.. they said they still take until june and classes are roughly like 60% filled

Meh is good though! No one leaves the MCAT testing facility thinking, they aced it. If you did, chances are you probably tanked it. I heard Barry is only 1/2 full atm?

No I mean "meh" as in Verbal/BS I expected that level of difficulty which was pretty damn hard, I miss 1-2 passage bcause of time :( . But the PS....that was like completely unexpected! I seriously did not know wth was going on here. I probably guess around 80%- 85% of the question!! :(

If you know that you want to be a podiatrist, what are you waiting for....? Turn your application in! If you have good app (excluding your MCAT obviously), some schools will interview you. Submit your app right now. If you don't apply/wait, how can you get accepted? Would you rather sit around for a year and wait until next cycle? Of course not. Seriously, turn your app in right now/tomorrow. School's are filling up as we speak.

Turn in your app so that your grades can get verified. Barry will wait until you get your MCAT score, but at least your app will be ready to go. It's not too late for interviews.

My first post here. I finished my apps on March 31st my most recent interview invite came from Chicago just about a week ago. I did get into NYCPM and my gap was not quite the same as yours. I don't think it's too late, but I agree with the other replies that you should complete the application as soon as possible if you want to enter this cycle.

What were your stats? Bmhsacosta

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app

It's kinda crazy to think a month ago I could have taken the MCAT, got all my stuff together and gotten in for the fall. Haha, I'm taking the MCAT in two months and three days from today and I won't be in school for another year and a half!

Sorry for the earlier typo I saw that you figured it out though :p.
My gpa is lower but I did have an incredible upward trend my last two years, so I'm not trying to mislead anyone that a low gpa is ok.
UCLA
Cumulative gpa: 2.95
Sgpa: 2.86
Mcat 27
Various extracurriculars other research I can list if interested.
Also shadowed around 4 hours a week for 7 months

Last edited: