Chances of doing residency (for foreign trained dentists )

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

indianstudent

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am wondering whether there is a chance for a foreign trained dentist to do residency directly instead of doing DDS or DMD? If so which programs we can do and in which university?

Please reply!

Members don't see this ad.

indianstudent said:
Hi,

I am wondering whether there is a chance for a foreign trained dentist to do residency directly instead of doing DDS or DMD? If so which programs we can do and in which university?

Please reply!
nope... as far as i know thats not possible.. or y would ppl waste their time doing dds

check this link its something similar to the dent residency but to practice requires a 2yr certifiate prog.

http://www.dental.ufl.edu/Offices/Admissions/FTD/Graduate.html

indianstudent said:
Hi,

Please reply!

Members don't see this ad :)
indianstudent said:
Hi,

Please reply!

Hi,

I know that in prosthodontics, there are many foreign trained dentists who have their DDS/BDS from their own schools. While I was at Marquette in 1997, I was the only US grad in my class out of three. DP