Chances of Early Decision for pharmacy school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jaycee23

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated last year with a 3.79 GPA (Biochemistry Major)
PCAT score of 97th percentile
I worked as an associate scientist at a large biotech/pharmaceutical company for the past year in research and development for immunoassay development.
I have another job lined up for the next year for a mid-tier pharmaceutical company as a research assistant.
Spending time volunteering at local VA in the inpatient pharmacy to also get more pharmacy experience.

I was premed until my last semester of undergrad, but different experiences led me to change paths into pharmacy, which is why I took some time off to learn more about the field. Am I a competitive candidate for Early Decision?

Members don't see this ad.

I would say you make a very competitive applicant. Early decision will also gives you an edge.
Goodluck :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I graduated last year with a 3.79 GPA (Biochemistry Major)
PCAT score of 97th percentile
I worked as an associate scientist at a large biotech/pharmaceutical company for the past year in research and development for immunoassay development.
I have another job lined up for the next year for a mid-tier pharmaceutical company as a research assistant.
Spending time volunteering at local VA in the inpatient pharmacy to also get more pharmacy experience.

I was premed until my last semester of undergrad, but different experiences led me to change paths into pharmacy, which is why I took some time off to learn more about the field. Am I a competitive candidate for Early Decision?

Depends on the school
Depends on whether you are in state or out of state
Depends on your interviewing skills

And sadly when you get to the interview:

Depends on your sex
Depends on your race
Depends on your age

Haa so what are the chances for an African male, 31 years old, 3.5 gpa, been living in the U.S for 3 yrs and applying for ED without bachelors but with a few volunteering hrs? To a private school for 2018.

OP you must be joking. You are highly qualified. My question to you is: why would want to go to pharmacy school when you are essentially a real scientist? You obviously have your personal reasons, but I would chose that any day over pharmacist. You will very likely get in especially early decision. Most students don't like the binding contract and are not really ready by the deadline which is why you have a higher change there.