Chances of getting in after being waitlisted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Penguinita

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey OT forum,

I just received a letter from NYU postmarked April 9 informing me that I have been placed on the wait list. I also received another letter similar to that from Columbia. I'm still waiting on another school, so I'm not loosing all hope yet.

I attended an info session at NYU last summer and the speaker, Ginelle John, stated that a good amount of those wait listed get into the program, so that's a little comforting.

But I was wondering if anyone had been wait listed and then entered NYU or Columbia. What I'm asking is basically, what is the reality of getting in?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey OT forum,

I just received a letter from NYU postmarked April 9 informing me that I have been placed on the wait list. I also received another letter similar to that from Columbia. I'm still waiting on another school, so I'm not loosing all hope yet.

I attended an info session at NYU last summer and the speaker, Ginelle John, stated that a good amount of those wait listed get into the program, so that's a little comforting.

But I was wondering if anyone had been wait listed and then entered NYU or Columbia. What I'm asking is basically, what is the reality of getting in?

I don't know about your chances of getting in but I just sent my letter to NYU declining their offer. I believe we had till April 15 to send in the deposit, so hopefully you will move up the list and will know within the next few weeks. Good luck!!

Are you a NY resident?

Downstate and Stony Brook are options as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
i get my letter today ahhh soo nervous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caliot- Thanks! it is comforting to know I might have a chance. I received another letter from NYU today, more like a form that I have to send back if I still want to be on the waiting list. Tomorrow morning I'll be sending the letter, I'll take any chance I have!

SuperCota- I'm a NJ resident, I didn't apply to Stony Brook or Downstate because of the distance I'll have to travel. But now I feel so stupid that I didn't, well, if I don't get in any school this year I'll apply to those schools next year. Hopefully, it won't come to that :)

preOTkid- Good luck on the news!!

Call each school and ask if the deadline was extended.
They often do that, ya never know.
good luck.
I dont know what the suny's cost for out of state residents but it's still probably cheaper than nyu.

I was looking through their website, and I don't have a chemistry course. Everything else is fine, but that. I guess if I don't get in (*fingers crossed that it wont come to that*) then I will apply for next year since I'll have to take that course. Thank you for making me aware of this program :)

I've also been waitlisted at NYU. Has anyone heard back with any updates? I'm wondering if anyone knows when the waitlist will begin to move, or if it has started to already. Any info would be appreciated!

I was wait listed at NYU last year and didn't get in. I reapplied this year and was flat out rejected, not even wait listed!:( Hope you guys have better luck!

I've also been waitlisted at NYU. Has anyone heard back with any updates? I'm wondering if anyone knows when the waitlist will begin to move, or if it has started to already. Any info would be appreciated!

I haven't heard back yet, even though I'm dying to know at what level I'm placed on the wait-list. All the letter said was that they will contact us, the way the letter was worded made it seem as if they don't want us calling. I'm not sure though. I want to call to see where I am, but I'm scared that it will annoy them.

Is there anyone on the waiting list of NYU has heard of any results? Very eager to know the result...