Chances of getting in for 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Futurepod16

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone I just got back my MCAT results and plan to apply the first weeks of August for 2012. If you could tell me what you think of my chances and if I'm a competitive applicant. 24 MCAT (8P, 8V, 8B), 2.95 science and 3.35 overall. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone I just got back my MCAT results and plan to apply the first weeks of August for 2012. If you could tell me what you think of my chances and if I'm a competitive applicant. 24 MCAT (8P, 8V, 8B), 2.95 science and 3.35 overall. Thanks!

Your MCAT is higher than normal, Your Overall is the same as normal, Your science is somewhat lower than normal according to the Published info

You should look specifically at schools your interested in for better info

look at my WAMC thread :)

What I'm most worried about is the science, it's lower than the average and I don't have time to boost it up to a 3.0. Are schools still going to interview me do you think?

Members don't see this ad :)
What I'm most worried about is the science, it's lower than the average and I don't have time to boost it up to a 3.0. Are schools still going to interview me do you think?
You will get in at most pod schools with stats...

Schools keep telling me that as long as they see an upward trend to your grades, everything is hunky dory. Is this true? My cumulative hit 2.12 after my 2nd year, but I averaged a 3.2 my last 2 years. If you have an upward trend, you should be fine right? Your GPA is much higher than mine.

your good to go... scholarships are probably unlikely but you will definately get an interview and if u aren't too wierd you'll probably get in.