Chances of getting in this cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Joseph4817

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am a rising senior and have made a 20AA on the DAT. My GPA is a 3.31 overall and a 3.01 BCP (it is a strong rising trend though. Went from 3.05 at the end of sophomore year to a 3.31 by the end of junior year. I have a ton of shadowing and volunteer hours. I am in the process of applying. What do you think my chances are if I apply to 10 schools? Also, I have not yet taken physics or biochemistry, but I am this upcoming semester. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I am a rising senior and have made a 20AA on the DAT. My GPA is a 3.31 overall and a 3.01 BCP (it is a strong rising trend though. Went from 3.05 at the end of sophomore year to a 3.31 by the end of junior year. I have a ton of shadowing and volunteer hours. I am in the process of applying. What do you think my chances are if I apply to 10 schools? Also, I have not yet taken physics or biochemistry, but I am this upcoming semester. Thanks!
what is your full DAT breakdown?
what is your state of residence?
are you URM?

PAT 19
QR 18
RC 20
Ochem 22
Gen 20
Bio 21
AA 20

Florida
And I am a first generation college student, but other than that, no. I am a white male.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think 10 schools is on the low side with your stats, can you list the 10 you want to apply to?
We will also need you to define what a ton of volunteering and shadowing hours are, as in quantify them.

An upward trend is good, but your science GPA is very low and your DAT isn’t high so it doesn’t offset your lacking GPA.
You are going to need to get nothing lower than an A- in physics 1 and 2 and biochem to help that out.

I think 10 schools is on the low side with your stats, can you list the 10 you want to apply to?
We will also need you to define what a ton of volunteering and shadowing hours are, as in quantify them.

An upward trend is good, but your science GPA is very low and your DAT isn’t high so it doesn’t offset your lacking GPA.
You are going to need to get nothing lower than an A- in physics 1 and 2 and biochem to help that out.
agreed, apply broadly and wisely
and make sure your PS is on point and you have great interview skills