ClockworkDoc

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 9, 2005
East Coast
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Depends on your extracurriculars, letters of recommendations, your interview skills, previous score, etc. But your MCAT alone is acceptable and your GPA can help balance that. I know that there are people in my Med School class with a sub 28 MCAT. Good luck. Oh yeah, check mdapplicants.com for more info.

Chemist0157

10+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
Perfectly possible, but it will come down to your other qualities as well. You may get some better hits in the "What are my chances?" area by the way.

SBK

Class of 2013 - WSU
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2006
www.facebook.com
Status
If this is your last time applying, good luck!

Also matters where you live.

BlueElmo

10+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2006
Status
Medical Student
The key is to apply broadly and early.

camaras2480

Wrapping things up
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
10 physical, 9 verbal, 9 biology, Q written.

This will be my last attempt at applying into medical school, I can write the MCAT once more. What would my chances be if I just applied with the 28Q? GPA is over 3.70.
You may have a chance, but we need to know more:

cGPA
sGPA
Clinical shadowing experience
Clinical volunteer experience
Non-clinical volunteer experience
Research experience
Leadership experience
Home state.

Give us something to work with, and we can give you a better idea of how things are shaping up.

If the ONLY things you have are 3.7/28, you will not get in. Hence I'm asking for more details :)

Mobius1985

10+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2007
You have a decent chance if you apply broadly to the right schools and the rest of your application is optimal. Since the chances are not 100%, consider applying to DO programs at the same time to enhance the chances that you'll be entering med school in a year. How good a shot you have will be better predicted if you give us the information noted above.