Chances of getting into a CA PT school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Parkeranger

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just beginning to start this proccess and worrying as to whether or not I will be competitive for the upcoming cycle, here are my stats:

Physiology and a psychology class will be in progress when I apply, how badly will this affect my chances? I took a physiology class as as an undergrad and recieved an A+, but it did not have a lab component. Thank you for your input!

pGPA: 3.8
cGPA: 3.82
GRE: 157 Analytical
165 Verbal
4.o Written

Observation Hours: 1,255 Total

1000 Outpatient Ortho
100 General Outpatient
60 Inpatient Acute
65 SNF
30 Water/Sports Therapy

Members don't see this ad.

Exhale...Before asking such a question you should look at your prospective school's averages and see where you fall. Just taking a guess that your scores are average or above average. Typically this would mean that you are competitive...Have you been disciplined for cheating or are you a convicted felon?

You at least deserve a gold star and a lollipop.

Reactions: 2 users
Your stats look great! And congrats on great GRE scores!
You're above average in terms of PTCAS applicants, but like the previous person said you should look at what your schools numbers are to get a more accurate picture.
For your outstanding pre-requisites, I think it's great to sit with an advisor from the schools you want to get in (or just do it over the phone)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pretty sure you'll be fine. When it comes to outstanding coursework I think admissions committees look at grade trends. If your grades were slipping the last couple of semesters that might be hesitant to admit you, but judging by your GPA that doesn't seem to be the case. You also have a great GRE score and a ton of hours in a number of settings. I have a feeling you'll have pretty much your pick of schools. There are more than a dozen schools in CA so finding at least one that fits your needs should be a snap. As long as you don't blow off the essays and punt the interview you'll be fine.

Last edited:
Looks like you'll be fine. So you're in progress courses will be psych and physio lab?