Chances of getting into a good SMP program like Georgetown and BU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed2013

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a 2.99 Overall GPA and a science GPA of 2.65 from Middlebury (chem-biochem major). Through two years of my undergrad, I had a 3.5. However, my transcript is filled with C's and D's my last two years because I lost motivation and all my confidence in my ability to do well in science. I studied hard for the MCAT and scored a 32. I would really like to have just one opportunity to prove myself and to medical school that I am capable. I plan to apply to SMP programs like Georgetown and BU for the 2014 year, not this coming fall. Do i have a shot at any of these top SMP programs? I am concerned because my overall GPA is below 3.0 and my science GPA is absolute garbage. Please provide feedback.

Members don't see this ad.

I have a 2.99 Overall GPA and a science GPA of 2.65 from Middlebury (chem-biochem major). Through two years of my undergrad, I had a 3.5. However, my transcript is filled with C's and D's my last two years because I lost motivation and all my confidence in my ability to do well in science. I studied hard for the MCAT and scored a 32. I would really like to have just one opportunity to prove myself and to medical school that I am capable. I plan to apply to SMP programs like Georgetown and BU for the 2014 year, not this coming fall. Do i have a shot at any of these top SMP programs? I am concerned because my overall GPA is below 3.0 and my science GPA is absolute garbage. Please provide feedback.

Tough call. That MCAT isn't in line with your GPA. There'd most likely be concern about whether your motivation is back yet. You need to ask yourself that, too. Two years is a long time to lose motivation for if you didn't have other extraneous circumstances to deal with.

Members don't see this ad :)