Chances of getting into dental school and school list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ashrestha13

Reaction score
Hi!! I was just wondering what are my chances of getting into a dental school with these stats:
BCPM GPA 3.5
CUMULATIVE GPA 3.45
DAT: 23AA/ TS-23AA/ QR -20AA/ RC-24AA
Shadow(general dentist)- > 200 hours
Volunteer- 100 hours ( TA for english classes for refugees)+ oral health talk in a kindergarten
Gap year (Currently)- Working as a dental assistant ( on-job-trained certification), dental radiology certification

My tentative school-list are as follows:

1. UConn
2. Tufts
3. BU
4. UNE
5. Touro
6. University of Louisville
7. University of Maryland
8. University of Buffalo
9. Roseman
10. NYU
11. LECOM
12. Western University
13. NOVA
14. University of Washington
15. UCSF

Should I add/remove any school?

Thank you so much!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!! I was just wondering what are my chances of getting into a dental school with these stats:
BCPM GPA 3.5
CUMULATIVE GPA 3.45
Volunteer- 100 hours ( TA for english classes for refugees)+ oral health talk in a kindergarten
Gap year (Currently)- Working as a dental assistant ( on-job-trained certification), dental radiology certification

1. UConn
2. Tufts
3. BU
4. UNE
5. Touro
8. University of Buffalo
9. Roseman
10. NYU
11. LECOM
12. Western University
13. NOVA
15. UCSF

Thank you so much!!
Remove NYU unless you want to have 600k in debt by the end of it...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
State of residence? Types of LORs and strengths? Any upward/downward trends in grades & major?

Remove NYU unless you want to have 600k in debt by the end of it...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
OP might be able to live at home and commute, thus saving significantly on COL. Or they may be thinking about HPSP/NHSC. Again, everyone's situation is different.

Reactions: 1 users
State of residence--> MA
State of residence? Types of LORs and strengths? Any upward/downward trends in grades & major?

OP might be able to live at home and commute, thus saving significantly on COL. Or they may be thinking about HPSP/NHSC. Again, everyone's situation is different.
Hi!

State of residence--> MA
An upward trend with grades and I majored in Chemistry
LOR--> strong. I will have a committee letter from my school. ( 4 science professors and 1 general dentist)

Thank you!!

State of residence--> MA

Hi!

State of residence--> MA
An upward trend with grades and I majored in Chemistry
LOR--> strong. I will have a committee letter from my school. ( 4 science professors and 1 general dentist)

Thank you!!
I think you have a pretty solid shot at the schools on your list BUT I'm not sure how OOS friendly UConn, Buffalo, and UW are so check that they are. Would probably take NYU off though - it is extremely expensive if you don't have ways of minimizing your debt there. I think you could even add Penn/Columbia if you wanted any Ivies - it'd be worth a shot.

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm going to back away from recommending you as Ivy League material because your GPA is a bit lower than desired. I will advise the OP on making sure about OOS stats if applying away from MA. That said, why those west-of-Mississippi schools (Roseman, UW, UCSF, Western)?

Yes, NYU is expensive, but it's also the largest dental school out there, and given the GPA/DAT, a good application may result in at least an II. Yes, COA debt... you better be prepared.

Reactions: 1 user
I'd recommend removing University of Washington because they're only OOS friendly to WWAMI states

Reactions: 1 users
I don’t know how open you are to going Deep South but the Texas schools are cheaper and you have good stats for them.
No.... TX schools are extremely competitive to get into as an OOS student and I don't think the 23 would be enough (usually 24-25+ to have a shot is what I feel like). In addition, you'd need to be living in TX for a whole year for non-school related purposes before you can become a resident I believe, so it wouldn't be too much cheaper I think. Seeing as you are a freshman, you have quite a ways to go with learning the way certain schools are....

BCPM GPA 3.5
CUMULATIVE GPA 3.45

1. UConn
2. Tufts
3. BU
4. UNE
5. Touro
8. University of Buffalo
9. Roseman
10. NYU
11. LECOM
12. Western University
13. NOVA
15. UCSF

Thank you so much!!
youll get at least 10 interviews assuming your personal statement has what the school is looking for . Great stats!! Good
luck!!