chances of getting into dental school with a 3.4

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

greenarrow92

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a 3.4 cumulative gpa and a 3.4 science gpa. I still have to take the DAT. I was wondering if someone could tell me if I have a chance at getting into any dental schools. Also would applying to dental school in July still be considered early?

THANK YOU

Members don't see this ad.

I have a 3.4 cumulative gpa and a 3.4 science gpa. I still have to take the DAT. I was wondering if someone could tell me if I have a chance at getting into any dental schools. Also would applying to dental school in July still be considered early?

THANK YOU

I have a 3.78 GPA so I can't answer this question. sorry.

3.4 with a 16 AA --> very slim
3.4 with a 24 AA --> pretty good

^^ Even that is a gross oversimplification. While GPA/DAT are the easiest part of the application to quantify, I think your chances really depend on your entire application, not just those few numbers. And yeah, July is generally considered "early."

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a 3.46 and my DAT was a 18 overall. Got two acceptances this cycle, I was very lucky. As long as you have a lot of extracurricular actives, anything is possible. Best advise: Get your application in as early as possible.

I have a 3.46 and my DAT was a 18 overall. Got two acceptances this cycle, I was very lucky. As long as you have a lot of extracurricular actives, anything is possible. Best advise: Get your application in as early as possible.

Mind if I ask which schools you got into?

THANK YOU

if i can get in w/ my GPA you can get in. just aim high for DAT so you dont worry later and regret later if you didnt do well b/c you didnt put the effort.

You should be fine as long as you do well on your DAT. Apply to 10-15 schools.