Jul 15, 2013
Status
Hi all, I have a question. Back in my freshman year I was academically dismissed due to academic dishonesty. A girl in my class had cheated off of me and I got the blame for it. Due to this happening to me there has been. Note on my official transcript. They had told me that the only way to disregard this action is if I graduate from this college, then notation would be removed. If I was kicked out of the college and decided to finish my bachelors degree in a private college, is it a no win in getting into dental school? I never finished the cuny college and received my bachelors else wear but a private college. I ended up failing my science courses freshman year and this has been running my life ever since then. Even though I graduated with a 3.6gpa and honors on the deans list at the private college. But what about the other college? What do I do in terms of what part where it says have u ever been academically dismissed or something like that?

Aug 7, 2011
Status
There's a section on the application where you can mention it. As long as you show maturity and that you actually learned from your mistake you should be fine. However, don't make it sound like it's not your fault at all (kind of like what you wrote here).

OP
juliedav
Jul 15, 2013
Status
It was difficult for me to write what I wrote... But what are my chances of even being interviewed? It's like this is running my life. I graduated from a different college but this is still standing in my way. I don't even see a chance of me being interviewed.

LaughingGas

7+ Year Member
May 17, 2010
Status
Dental Student, Dentist
It was difficult for me to write what I wrote... But what are my chances of even being interviewed? It's like this is running my life. I graduated from a different college but this is still standing in my way. I don't even see a chance of me being interviewed.
You will never know until you try. But sorry that happened to you. Being blamed for someone else's action... as above poster said, I would be honest and call the school that you are not applying to seek for their advice

Aug 7, 2011
Status
As long as you show maturity and growth in your explanation you will be fine. It's not like you committed a felony or anything. As long as the rest of your application is solid you should not worry too much about it. The only time a huge problem may arise is if you try to hide it and the adcoms find out later.