Chances of getting into dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WantDental

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello
I am a currently senior with Chemistry major at 4 year university.
I transferred from community college after getting AA degree and continued to study in 4 year university.
I am planning to apply around 12 dental schools this summer and would like to know the chances of getting into dental school.
Here is some information about my background.
I am a US permanent resident
Community College GPA: 4.0 GPA for two years in university: 3.82
FL resident
DAT score: 22AA, 26PAT, 23Bio, 23Org, 22G.C, 19 RC (low RC score because English is not my first language), and 24QR
Shadowing experience: 1 general dentist - 200 hours
Volunteering hour: Around 150hrs from a hospital when I submit the application and 6 hrs from university
Club: ACS(American Chemistry Society) member and attended one of the ACS conference for the presentation of my current research
Research experience: total 1.5 years - 2 acknowledgements and 1 second author
Hobby: playing tennis and soccer

I would like to hear your opinion, and any advice would be thankful!

Members don't see this ad.

Great stats and EC's. Your chances are good.

Members don't see this ad :)
your chances are solid, be wary that some dental schools do not accept community college credit.

your chances are solid, be wary that some dental schools do not accept community college credit.
Thank you, musicplease!
By any chance, do you know any dental school that does not accept cc credit?

Your DAT and 4-year GPA back up your cc GPA so you will be good. I had very similar stats and it was a very successful cycle for me. The only thing that I also had was 2 years of research. Good luck and start prepping for interviews!

Your DAT and 4-year GPA back up your cc GPA so you will be good. I had very similar stats and it was a very successful cycle for me. The only thing that I also had was 2 years of research. Good luck and start prepping for interviews!

Thank you for your comment! It is good to hear that it was a very successful cycle for you.

Based on what you have up there^^, you seem like a shoo-in.