Chances of getting into Dental School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RB1991

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
q

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
if you are a URM, maybe you might have a chance at meharry or howard. Otherwise, retake + post bacc should help you out.

I would start studying for a retake and work on applying for post-bacc, especially if your science GPA dips below a 3.0 (not sure if it does)

Members don't see this ad :)
I would start studying for a retake and work on applying for post-bacc, especially if your science GPA dips below a 3.0 (not sure if it does)
W0uldn't be too late in the application cycle for a retake? since I have to wait 90 days to retake the exam? and GPA is 3.05 for sciences. Thank you!

What scores should I be aiming at?

Just echoing here: post-bacc + DAT retake will help you.

Reactions: 1 user
Definitely need a retake. I would not apply if I were you. I would feel like I would be throwing away money

You could try retaking the DAT in 90 days and if you do well maybe you'll have a shot somewhere. But in the meantime look into some sort of masters program.

If your DAT scores were a bunch higher I'd say go for it. Retake and crush DAT's and you still have a shot. Take classes in the meantime.