Program-Specific Info / Q's Chances of Getting into Eastern Washington’s Occupational Therapy Masters Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WannaBeEasternOTstudent

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I’m 19 years old and I’ll be graduating this year in a bachelors of Kinesiology degree from a private university (I’ll be 20 when I graduate because I did Running Start). I am worried my application is not elite enough to be considered for a competitive application for the Eastern Occupational Therapy Master’s program (which I plan to apply to this coming January 1, 2016).
For the GRE, I got 140 on Verbal Reasoning, 141 on Quantitative Reasoning (combined Verbal and Quantitative is 281), and a 4.0 on Analytical Writing. (website says minimum 3.5 on writing for Eastern) I’m planning on retaking the GRE for a better score but I don’t know how much better I can do.
I also have 200 observation/volunteer OT hours in over 10 different populations and settings, a 3.7 GPA in prerequisite courses, GPA 3.6, have great recommendation letters, and a good personal essay.
What are my chances of getting in? I’m only applying to one school, because it’s the only one I want.
I'm on a time crunch turning in my application so a fast reply would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi :) I am a current EWU MOT student. I would encourage you to apply! The great thing about EWU is that they really strive to find well rounded applicants. GPA and GRE are not everything (but they are important). If you have any more questions we have a Facebook page. Here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1609024962680476/

Reactions: 1 users
ka_143: thank you for the facebook page. I am all done applying! Do you know when I'll know if I get an interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly, I'm not really sure....if I remember correctly I heard late January/Februaryish. The interview was in early March last year, but I'm not really sure about this year. Congrats on completing the application process though! Don't stress too much about hearing from them, just relax and enjoy being done with the application process!