Chances of getting into Fall 2019 cycle--am I applying too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ojos22

Reaction score
Hi! I'm hoping to get into optometry school for this next cycle but I am worried that I applied too late. My applications have been received by UIWRSO and UHCO for about a month now but they can't review them until I take the OAT (in 2 days). Due to certain circumstances, I couldn't apply earlier but I have a 3.33 GPA, shadowing experience, 2 years of undergrad chem research experience, and I'm feeling confident about how I'll do on the OAT. How are my chances looking if I do great on the OAT and if I just do ok?

Members don't see this ad.

I guess you might as well just apply, but most seats are filled by now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Most seats not all seats though, you should be fine if your OAT scores are high enough IMO. Make sure you put the scores you get in Optomcas while they are being sent officially or call and tell the schools your unofficial scores as soon as you get them

It's worth a shot to try! People are continuously dropping out of their spots, I've heard so many stories of people getting accepted after they interviewed on the last day possible!! It sounds like you'll do great on the OAT and if you have everything else ready to go, it really is worth it to try. And yeah like they said, keep contacting the schools you're applying to and let them know that the scores will be in soon but that you can send a picture of the unofficial scores in the meantime. Goodluck!

It's worth a shot to try! People are continuously dropping out of their spots, I've heard so many stories of people getting accepted after they interviewed on the last day possible!! It sounds like you'll do great on the OAT and if you have everything else ready to go, it really is worth it to try. And yeah like they said, keep contacting the schools you're applying to and let them know that the scores will be in soon but that you can send a picture of the unofficial scores in the meantime. Goodluck!
Hey, thanks for your positivity and advice! I ended up applying and I was actually accepted to RSO last week! :soexcited:

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, thanks for your positivity and advice! I ended up applying and I was actually accepted to RSO last week! :soexcited:
Wow!! That's awesome!! Congratulations!!
So did you just send in your unofficial scores until the real ones are processed and sent?

Wow!! That's awesome!! Congratulations!!
So did you just send in your unofficial scores until the real ones are processed and sent?
Thanks!! And yes! I sent them my unofficial scores the day I took the OAT and they got back to me with an interview invite the day after. I think anyone who has recently applied to RSO still has a very good chance of getting in since they have one of the latest application deadlines.

Hey, congratulations!! What was your OAT score?