chances of getting into NYU for 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abmand

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could give me a hint on my chances of getting into NYU for 2010

I graduated binghamton university with a B.S. in biology (cum Laude)
GPA 3.54
Science GPA about 3.3
DAT AA 18
PAT 16
10 years of dental experience (ive been a surgical asst since i was about 13)
and immediate family member is a donating alumni

any information (or guesses) would be welcomed. Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

your gpa and experience can probably get you in, but you should definitely retake the DAT and aim for 20+ across. with each year getting more competitive, 18aa and 16 pat isn't going to cut it anymore. my suggestion would be retake and apply early! where else do you plan on applying?

im applying to stony brook and University of New Jersey

and i plan on getting my application in the first day the application becomes available

Members don't see this ad :)
stony brook might take a look at your app and throw it in the garbage right away.

Surgical assistant since you were 13? Are you talking about oral surgery? Be careful when mentioning that on the application. Try to be specific about your experience. 13 is very young to be a surgical assistant. I work as one right now, and the surgeons and residents think im young...

i guess the better word here would be chair side asst.

on my application i plan on being more specific

I'm pretty sure your chances at Stony Brook don't look good with that PAT score. However, I think you should have slight shot at NYU. If you can get that DAT up though, thats a diff story

Good Luck

i may take them over, i was hoping i wouldnt :(

nyus dat average is now a 20, so you gotta riase that up. call them and ask too.

unfortunately we are in a different era now

you need to retake and get 20's

I'm pretty sure your chances at Stony Brook don't look good with that PAT score. However, I think you should have slight shot at NYU. If you can get that DAT up though, thats a diff story

Good Luck

giving him encouragement is one thing, but giving him false hopes is another

there is no chance he is getting in anywhere with those stats

giving him encouragement is one thing, but giving him false hopes is another

there is no chance he is getting in anywhere with those stats

I know my DAT's arent the best but im pretty sure my GPA, EC's, and experience are right on par with many students.

I know my DAT's arent the best but im pretty sure my GPA, EC's, and experience are right on par with many students.

yeah.. I'm sure if you get 20s on your DATs, you will definitely be competitive

good luck

im also thinking of applying to UMDNJ

I would definitely retake it. Remember that some schools have minimum cutoffs. Your GPA is fine IMO, there are a bunch of people who get in with a GPA like that but of course they don't say it. Your DAT is a problem because they are sort of low....there are those who think they are above retaking the DAT. It is my understanding that candidates are screened by their numbers first, at least in some schools. If you manage to get 20s across the board, with your GPA you shouldn't have a problem getting into dental school.

i got a 19 on my dat (AA) and a overall science of 20 with a 17 Pat gpa is a 3.6 and my science gpa is a 3.5 what are my chances of getting in im applying in june

this thread is really old. lol.