chances of getting into nyu if on the waitlist...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cherryblossom

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This worries me...cause I'll never know if I'm truly accepted or not until a long time from now. When do think they will let me know? and what are the chances of being admitted if on the waitlist? I know the number of applicants this year is much greater than previous years so it seems almost impossible to get in if on the waitlist. anyone else on waitlist too?

also, if you havent heard back from a school in more than 2 weeks and u call them ask them ur status and they say there's "no decision" yet, does that mean you just didnt get in? or does it mean they really have "no decision?"

Members don't see this ad.

also, if you havent heard back from a school in more than 2 weeks and u call them ask them ur status and they say there's "no decision" yet, does that mean you just didnt get in? or does it mean they really have "no decision?"

i hope not--i called NYU today and asked that very question and was told that my file is still "under review." i interviewed on Feb 2. however, i know for certain that someone that interviewed on the same day as me has been waitlisted....so i'm keeping my hopes up!

jb!:)