Chances of getting into one of these schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gannador

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I've been accepted to a good school, but I want to know what are my chances of being accepted by one of these schools, assuming I wasn't a total idiot, etc, etc.

I have interviewed at:

Duke
Yale
Harvard
Columbia
U of Mich
Baylor

I have a 36S, and 4.0 GPA's all around. My EC's are competitive and pretty typical, though I do have a fellowship grant for research.

I'm not trying to troll here, I guess I want to know if I have a pretty good chance of making it into one of these schools, having been fortunate to interview at 6 of them.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your gpa is stellar, your MCAT is about average for those schools, your EC's are competitive as you say. But even with that, and the fact that this post reeks of troll-like-smellyness, I say you have no chance at all.

I'm not a troll, I created this identity soley to ask this question, for the sake of staying anonymous. And I don't think my MCAT is above average, only in BS. I have a very oddly skewed score...

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Usually, after you interview, your scores don't matter anymore. adcoms usually only use scores to determine who to interview.

Usually, after you interview, your scores don't matter anymore. adcoms usually only use scores to determine who to interview.

Ok. So I guess I'll start fretting about how I did in my interviews then :scared:
Only a few more months of it....

Ok. So I guess I'll start fretting about how I did in my interviews then :scared:
Only a few more months of it....
few more months? UMich gives you an answer in 2 weeks (unless you were deferred, and then you hear back in Dec) and Baylor could be any day. The rest, you have to wait a long time to hear back from.

And I don't think my MCAT is above average
Would you like to explain to me how your 96th percentile score isn't above average? :confused:

I also don't understand why you felt the need to make a new account to ask this question. Don't you think using your usual identity would've gotten you better responses? You would've avoided the troll comments, if nothing else.

Anyway, like slowpoke said, you're a bit above average for accepted students at those schools. You probably have a good chance of getting into at least one of them, assuming you're decent at interviewing.

I meant my MCAT score isn't really above average for those schools,at least not so much that its a huge boon. Thanks for you comments! Yeah, I am on December hold for U Mich. I meant that I will have to fret about how I did at at least some of the schools until March. As for why I didn't use my other account? Neuroticism ;)

What is the breakdown?

Hey all,

I've been accepted to a good school, but I want to know what are my chances of being accepted by one of these schools, assuming I wasn't a total idiot, etc, etc.

I have interviewed at:

Duke
Yale
Harvard
Columbia
U of Mich
Baylor

I have a 36S, and 4.0 GPA's all around. My EC's are competitive and pretty typical, though I do have a fellowship grant for research.

I'm not trying to troll here, I guess I want to know if I have a pretty good chance of making it into one of these schools, having been fortunate to interview at 6 of them.

The fact that you have received interviews from these places suggests you have a very good/excellent chance of getting into at least one. However, don't count you chickens before they hatch blah blah blah...