Chances of Getting into Pharmacy school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IndieMed

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Grades:
Note:
all classes are lab and lec combined. Thats how it is at my school.
Gen Chem 1: A-
Gen Chem 2 Honors: A
Gen Bio 1: C+
Gen Bio 2: C+
Orgo 1: A-
Orgo 2: didn't take yet
Physics 1: didn't take yet
A&P 1: B+
A&P 2: B
Microbiology: didn't take yet
Calc 1: B+
Statistics: A-

CGPA for my first 2 years at Community College: 3.7
CGPA when I transferred to 4 year: 2.7 as of now. (still need to take above classes)
PS I am NOT getting a Bachelors degree. I am only completing the pre-reqs. Yes I have an Associates Degree.

Extracurriculars: dispatched at a volunteer emergency ambulance service for 2 years and occasionally drove the ambulance; interned at Brookhaven National lab for 2 summers doing chemistry research and conduced chemistry research for a year and a half year round.

PCAT: I haven't taken it, not even a practice.

Question: How do Pharmacy Schools look at retake grades?

Members don't see this ad.

Most schools just look at your pharmcas gpa which takes into account every class you've taken including repeats. Schools that don't use pharmcas have different rules but I'm not sure about those.

But before applying WORK in a retail pharmacy first. This is sooooo important because you wouldn't believe the amount of unhappy RPHs that had never worked in a pharmacy and had unrealistic expectations. For some odd reason it's not a requirement to pharmacy schools but it should be. Research is way different than the type of work a pharmacist does.

Otherwise do well on the pcat and apply broadly and you'll get in. Good luck

Reactions: 1 user