Chances of getting into UGA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abenton5000

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ive been stressing lately about my chance of getting in. i have a composite of 85 on PCAT and a 3.55 cum. gpa and 3.4 science GPA. I have been a pharmacy tech for about 7 months now and got LOR from my pharmacist. Not great extra-curric. I had my interview a month ago. But i also interviewed at UGA last year, does this increase my chances. I also feel the interview went a lot better this year. Any input would be great,

Members don't see this ad.

You are luckier than me. I didn't hear ANYTHING on them. Good luck.. It's the cheapest state school.

abenton5000, what day did you interview? My stats is similar to yours. I'm nervous about the result too. Good luck to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on feb. 7th, how about yourself. I've been waiting just long enough for it to eat me up inside and we still have almost four weeks until we find out. Good luck with everything.

It's hard to tell since their average PCAT is 93 and average GPA is 3.7. Or at least it was when I looked at it last. If that's the case, then you're below average for both. Did you improve your PCAT and GPA from last year?

^^^ You guys are not alone. I am below average too. PCAT 87%. pre-req GPA ~3.6. They must accept some below-average applicants; otherwise, they wouldn't invite so some of us with low stats for an interview.

I am interviewing April 1st. well... At least, it's just two week of waiting for result after the interview.

Abenton 5000, I interviewd on Feb 7th too. Were you the first to interview? I was the only girl there and the last to interview.
A UGA representative (of the pharmacy school) was at my school earlier this week. She said the PCAT average for last year was in the high 80's and the GPA average was around 3.4-3.5 . I believe the 93 PCAT and 3.7 GPA averages were for the the class that entered in the Fall of 2006. Those were the highest averages UGA ever had.

Abenton 5000, I interviewd on Feb 7th too. Were you the first to interview? I was the only girl there and the last to interview.
A UGA representative (of the pharmacy school) was at my school earlier this week. She said the PCAT average for last year was in the high 80's and the GPA average was around 3.4-3.5 . I believe the 93 PCAT and 3.7 GPA averages were for the the class that entered in the Fall of 2006. Those were the highest averages UGA ever had.

dezastawarnin, did you interview at 9 a.m. or at 1p.m.? I interviewed at 1, and there was only one girl in my interview group but i cant remember her name. The way i figure those stats are for the average accepted, we dont have to exactly be avg. with our gpa's and pcat we just have to be better than the 133rd person. And dont forget our interviews count as much as gpa and pcat. So you can have below avg. stats, but if you do well in your interview you can boost yourself up.
My gpa is barely better this year and i brought my pcat up 1 point, lol. But this year i have 7 months of tech experience and a great LOR from my pharmacist. i had neither of those things last year. Good luck to all.

We just had the UGA rep this week too. (I'm at Georgia State.) She gave out an info. slip for the students to fill out. She said that she will check on the application status for those of us who already had an interview. Anybody have more info. on that? Is she going to email us? I don't know what update there would be though...

Anyways, it's just one more month you guys... I interviewed back in January, so it's been quite a wait for me.

Good luck everyone!

abenton5000, that girl was me. hahaha. One more month until we know the result. Have you been accepted to anywhere yet?

i got a 82 on pcat and 3.4 science gpa. i think my chances are slim.

abenton5000, that girl was me. hahaha. One more month until we know the result. Have you been accepted to anywhere yet?
lol, thats awesome. No, i haven't gotten in anywhere else, so i guess thats why i'm worried. Did you get into anywhere besides mercer?

lol, thats awesome. No, i haven't gotten in anywhere else, so i guess thats why i'm worried. Did you get into anywhere besides mercer?

I got into Mercer and VCU. When I was at the interview, they asked me if I've been accepted to any school yet. I don't know if that will determine anything. I was about to turn down UGA interview, because of the high stats in the previous years. But I wanted to try and see if I'm good enough for UGA. I know there is a P1 student there with a 70's on the PCAT (a P1 student told me that on my interview day) and I know a couple of people in the pharmacy school with 80's on the PCAT. So be positive guys!