1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Chances of getting of the waitlist at Marquette, Nova and Kentucky

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by waitingame, Dec 13, 2008.

1. waitingame

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Alright so I was waitlisted at Marquette , UK interviewed on dec 9 and waitlisted due to them already sending out all of there acceptances and Nova havnt heard anything back since my interview on dec 3rd so Im saying they are also waiting until jan 15th before they send out anymore. Anyway I was just wondering what do you think my chances are of getting off the waitlist for any of these schools. Im praying so bad just to get in so hopefully it will workout

2. 206127

Dental Student
    No idea what your exact chances are but Marquette won't add anymore people to their waitlist since they are finished interviewing. So I would say your chances of getting off that waitlist should be pretty decent...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dds chgo

5+ Year Member

Dentist
    Are you waitlisted or on hold at Marquette?

4. waitingame

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Im on hold at Marquette but I heard it was basically the same thing as waitlisted. I sure hope your right about getting off the waitlist there the school was absolutly amazing!!!

5. btk2333

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    ok i'm kinda confused... Marquette is done interviewing, they require an interview for acceptance, so anyone who hasn't interviewed is rejected right? Then why am I on hold, when I haven't interviewed?

6. DrReo

DrReo "Thread Necromancer"
    10+ Year Member

Academic Administration
    Marquette doesn't require and interview, per se. But I assume they will take a majority of people from the wait list before they let others in.

Have you called Nova? I'm assuming they will have a flow of letters coming out the date you predicted, Jan 15.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. waitingame

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I havnt called Nova but I just assumed this because when I asked on my interview how many spots were left (since it was post dec 1 interview) they said around 75-80% was filled and he was estimating. Therefore based on this I was assuming they sent out there acceptances and were seeing how many they got back before they were going to send out any more (jan 15) but that is just a guess. I will prob call closer to jan 15 but has anyone tried to call ... is it any easier to get an answer on the phone now??? And has anyone that interviewed post dec 1 got an acceptance???

8. DrSmiles12

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Being on hold is kinda like the wait list but not really. Marquette doesn't officially make a wait list until they have 80 deposits. Once they have 80 people that have paid their deposits they trim down the on hold list and find out who wants to be on the wait list.

You can anticipate that if you have had an interview and didn't hear from Marquette on Dec 1 and have the on hold status you can hope for something on jan 15th based on how many of the original people declined their spots. Chances are a little more slim because most people love Marquette and take their acceptance, but there is always movement.

If you really like Marquette I would call their admissions office and talk to them, they are frank and honest and will try to help you understand their thought process.

9. BadgerLoveSmile

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I wouldn't necessarily say that...a lot of people get into MN and Marquette, in which, more times than not, they will choose Minnesota. There is still room to get in after they send out their first rounds. :thumbup:

10. 206127

Dental Student
    You're not rejected, but at the interview they told us... "if your friends don't get an interview before Dec 1st, they shouldn't get their hopes up on coming to Marquette..." They said a few interviews will go out after Dec but there won't be many...

11. shinbone86

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    yo, congrats for getting accepted. i still haven't heard back from marquette. they said that they haven't decided yet on my app and I haven't even received an interview. so r u sure that they stopped handing out interviews, cuz their deadline is 2/1/2009, is it not?