Chances of getting of the waitlist at Marquette, Nova and Kentucky

• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

waitingame

10+ Year Member
May 16, 2008
www.predents.com
Status
Pre-Dental
Alright so I was waitlisted at Marquette , UK interviewed on dec 9 and waitlisted due to them already sending out all of there acceptances and Nova havnt heard anything back since my interview on dec 3rd so Im saying they are also waiting until jan 15th before they send out anymore. Anyway I was just wondering what do you think my chances are of getting off the waitlist for any of these schools. Im praying so bad just to get in so hopefully it will workout

10+ Year Member
May 28, 2008
Status
Dental Student
No idea what your exact chances are but Marquette won't add anymore people to their waitlist since they are finished interviewing. So I would say your chances of getting off that waitlist should be pretty decent...

About the Ads

waitingame

10+ Year Member
May 16, 2008
www.predents.com
Status
Pre-Dental
Im on hold at Marquette but I heard it was basically the same thing as waitlisted. I sure hope your right about getting off the waitlist there the school was absolutly amazing!!!

btk2333

10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2008
Status
Dental Student
ok i'm kinda confused... Marquette is done interviewing, they require an interview for acceptance, so anyone who hasn't interviewed is rejected right? Then why am I on hold, when I haven't interviewed?

DrReo

"Thread Necromancer"
10+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2007
Status
Academic Administration
Marquette doesn't require and interview, per se. But I assume they will take a majority of people from the wait list before they let others in.

Have you called Nova? I'm assuming they will have a flow of letters coming out the date you predicted, Jan 15.

waitingame

10+ Year Member
May 16, 2008
www.predents.com
Status
Pre-Dental
I havnt called Nova but I just assumed this because when I asked on my interview how many spots were left (since it was post dec 1 interview) they said around 75-80% was filled and he was estimating. Therefore based on this I was assuming they sent out there acceptances and were seeing how many they got back before they were going to send out any more (jan 15) but that is just a guess. I will prob call closer to jan 15 but has anyone tried to call ... is it any easier to get an answer on the phone now??? And has anyone that interviewed post dec 1 got an acceptance???

DrSmiles12

10+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2007
Status
Dental Student
Being on hold is kinda like the wait list but not really. Marquette doesn't officially make a wait list until they have 80 deposits. Once they have 80 people that have paid their deposits they trim down the on hold list and find out who wants to be on the wait list.

You can anticipate that if you have had an interview and didn't hear from Marquette on Dec 1 and have the on hold status you can hope for something on jan 15th based on how many of the original people declined their spots. Chances are a little more slim because most people love Marquette and take their acceptance, but there is always movement.

If you really like Marquette I would call their admissions office and talk to them, they are frank and honest and will try to help you understand their thought process.

BadgerLoveSmile

10+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2008
Status
Dental Student
Chances are a little more slim because most people love Marquette and take their acceptance, but there is always movement.
I wouldn't necessarily say that...a lot of people get into MN and Marquette, in which, more times than not, they will choose Minnesota. There is still room to get in after they send out their first rounds. :thumbup:

10+ Year Member
May 28, 2008
Status
Dental Student
ok i'm kinda confused... Marquette is done interviewing, they require an interview for acceptance, so anyone who hasn't interviewed is rejected right? Then why am I on hold, when I haven't interviewed?
You're not rejected, but at the interview they told us... "if your friends don't get an interview before Dec 1st, they shouldn't get their hopes up on coming to Marquette..." They said a few interviews will go out after Dec but there won't be many...

shinbone86

10+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
No idea what your exact chances are but Marquette won't add anymore people to their waitlist since they are finished interviewing. So I would say your chances of getting off that waitlist should be pretty decent...
yo, congrats for getting accepted. i still haven't heard back from marquette. they said that they haven't decided yet on my app and I haven't even received an interview. so r u sure that they stopped handing out interviews, cuz their deadline is 2/1/2009, is it not?

About the Ads