Chances of getting off WL before CTE deadline?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1039484

Finally bit the bullet and made and SDN account after all my decisions have come out. This thread may be a little premature, but I've been agonizing over it for a couple days, so here goes...

I'm really fortunate to have been accepted to my state school, but sadly, I've been waitlisted at my top 4 schools -- all of which I'd choose to attend over my current acceptances. The thing is, the state school I'm likely going to PTE to has a CTE deadline of June 9 and starts class about a month before the schools I'm WL'd at (which all have CTE deadlines in mid-late July).

I tried going through last year's school specific threads and it seems like all 4 of my top schools accepted people off the waitlist AFTER June 9, and the thought of having to withdraw from these waitlists and forever thinking "what if" is giving me so much anxiety. I tried going through last year's waitlist support thread, but I couldn't really tell if the bulk of waitlist movement happened in May or June.

Do I have a decent chance of getting off a WL before my state school's CTE deadline? If I haven't heard back from any of them closer to June 9, I'm thinking of maybe calling my top school and letting them know of the impending deadline.

If it makes a difference, the schools I'm waitlisted at are JHU, Columbia, Penn, and NYU (although my hopes are low for the latter two).

Members don't see this ad.

Finally bit the bullet and made and SDN account after all my decisions have come out. This thread may be a little premature, but I've been agonizing over it for a couple days, so here goes...

I'm really fortunate to have been accepted to my state school, but sadly, I've been waitlisted at my top 4 schools -- all of which I'd choose to attend over my current acceptances. The thing is, the state school I'm likely going to PTE to has a CTE deadline of June 9 and starts class about a month before the schools I'm WL'd at (which all have CTE deadlines in mid-late July).

I tried going through last year's school specific threads and it seems like all 4 of my top schools accepted people off the waitlist AFTER June 9, and the thought of having to withdraw from these waitlists and forever thinking "what if" is giving me so much anxiety. I tried going through last year's waitlist support thread, but I couldn't really tell if the bulk of waitlist movement happened in May or June.

Do I have a decent chance of getting off a WL before my state school's CTE deadline? If I haven't heard back from any of them closer to June 9, I'm thinking of maybe calling my top school and letting them know of the impending deadline.

If it makes a difference, the schools I'm waitlisted at are JHU, Columbia, Penn, and NYU (although my hopes are low for the latter two).
Your question is impossible to answer

Your question is impossible to answer
I guess a better question would be: does most waitlist movement happen in May, or is this early June CTE deadline going to hurt my chances of getting off a waitlist?