Chances of Matching Anesthesiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted957248

Hi guys, I am a current M3 USMD at a CT school What are my chances of matching into gas? My Step 1 score was a 234. Step 2 pending. So far have honored 3 clerkship. Assuming I can fit in 2 electives and obtain LORs from them, what are the chances of matching into anesthesia anywhere, but preferably in CT, or along east coast?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
This year has been tough for average applicant but I’m sure you will match since you are USMD. Just apply broadly and have a back up plan.

I have 223/244 as USMD in a bottom tier medical school. Sitting at 13 interviews and one on the waitlist - all university based. If possible make connections with people who will reach out and contact programs for you. Reach out early and no matter what you hear about the competitiveness - don't give up and just grind.

Hi guys, I am a current M3 USMD at a brand new school in NY. What are my chances of matching into gas? My Step 1 score was a 224 :(. Step 2 pending but conservative estimate of 230. So far 3/6 clerkship grades have been a pass. Assuming I can fit in 2 anesthesia electives and obtain LORs from them, what are the chances of matching into anesthesia anywhere, but preferably in NY, or along east coast? I know new school factor will hurt a bit, but is all hope lost?
DO student with slightly higher Step 1 with 10+ interviews so you will be fine. As mentioned apply broadly