Chances of matching at this program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psych1991

Reaction score
Can anyone provide insight on the likelihood of matching at a program with 2 positions for an applicant ranked within the program's top 10? (most likely ranked 5th-10th by program)

Appreciative of any thoughts!

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone provide insight on the likelihood of matching at a program with 2 positions for an applicant ranked within the program's top 10? (most likely ranked 5th-10th by program)

Appreciative of any thoughts!

> 0%.

Seriously, I understand the nervousness about this but this is not a question any one party involved in the match has sufficient information to answer. That is to say, neither any particular applicant or the program itself knows enough to be able to tell you this or calculate an expected payout if we want to be all game theoretic about it. The choices of both applicants and the program (and all the other programs all those applicants have applied to!) interact here in complex ways.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Lol
> 0%.

Seriously, I understand the nervousness about this but this is not a question any one party involved in the match has sufficient information to answer. That is to say, neither any particular applicant or the program itself knows enough to be able to tell you this or calculate an expected payout if we want to be all game theoretic about it. The choices of both applicants and the program (and all the other programs all those applicants have applied to!) interact here in complex ways.

Thanks for your response and that makes sense.. I know there is significant variability, just wasn't sure if there is some statistical information on how far down rank lists programs usually go to fill their spots. I'll try to stop thinking into it Lol.

Lol

Thanks for your response and that makes sense.. I know there is significant variability, just wasn't sure if there is some statistical information on how far down rank lists programs usually go to fill their spots. I'll try to stop thinking into it Lol.

There probably is data ,but like the prospectus for every mutual fund says, past performance is not a guarantee of future results.

Reactions: 1 users
Maybe this is regarding research track?

Yeah, or a combined child/adolescent program.

Some combined programs have it designed that all child/general combined people are automatically taken before the general list is touched at all. If you are ranked in the child combined group at all, you are basically guaranteed to get it. Sometimes programs will only rank these applicants in the general group if the child people aren’t convinced.