Chances of matching into pediatrics with a 202 as a USIMG?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wiggit

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are my chances of matching into pediatrics with a 202 as an IMG from Ross? I have not taken step 2 yet and my GPA is average. Additionally any advice on matching is welcomed.

Members don't see this ad.

It's not great, but certainly not impossible. Per charting outcomes, it looks like your odds are somewhere between 40-50%. Doing very well on your US peds rotations, getting a strong LOR talking about how great you are, and ideally getting an "in" at a program (or two) will be key.

1568589906791.png

For future reference, a lot of these first-order "what are my chances with X score as an IMG" can be answered here: https://www.nrmp.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Charting-Outcomes-in-the-Match-2018-IMGs.pdf

What are my chances of matching into pediatrics with a 202 as an IMG from Ross? I have not taken step 2 yet and my GPA is average. Additionally any advice on matching is welcomed.

Step 2 will matter a good bit. A score above 220 would be very helpful. But, it's possible regardless.