chances plz? 3.76 gpa, 270 mcat. reapplicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shogun00

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is my second time applying. I have 3.76 cgpa, 3.6 sgpa, 27O mcat.

I took my mcat first last june and got a 9 phys, 9 v 9 b. (26q)
Now I have a 7p, 10 v, 10 b (27O)... Soo firstly, do I have a chance at schools that superscore or take composite rather. Thatd give me a29.. Which I'd be content with I suppose. I heard maybe GW or med col of wisconsin does this? Is that right?

Anyways, I'm an IL resident and was wondering if I have a chance at any MD or DO schools and if so... Could I get some possible suggestions for schools? I have an interview at ccom already (with old score).. Would they see the 7 as a major setback? I also interviewed at siu with my measely 26. Decent ec's ans lor's i think.

Would appreciate any help/feedback. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Is ccom the only DO school you applied to? If so greatly increase that number. Assuuming the rest of your application is in order, you should be fine DO schools. You are a little low for MD. You could apply broadly and hope, but I would focus my money at DO schools as you have a really good chance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is ccom the only DO school you applied to? If so greatly increase that number. Assuuming the rest of your application is in order, you should be fine DO schools. You are a little low for MD. You could apply broadly and hope, but I would focus my money at DO schools as you have a really good chance.

I have also applied to NSU, DMU, and AZCOM. I was thinking of applying to a few more schools though as well before it gets too late. Any suggestions for good DO schools (keep in mind I don't have a DO LOR)??

I'm really hoping I get accepted into CCOM, it is my number one choice. I was a bit disappointed I got rejected pre-interview last year... but I blamed my applying late and crappy essays on that. I applied again this year with my old mcat and was lucky enough to get an interview this time around. I was planning on my new MCAT score coming out a lot better (phys screwed me over... ugh), but as you can see, that isn't the case. Do you think the 7 in phys will hurt me at CCOM even though the other two sections improved?

i applied to DMU, KCUMB, CCOM, KCOM, NSU, AZCOM, SOMA, WCU, OUCOM, and Touro-NV. WCU and OUCOM have instate/regional biases so I wouldn't apply to those again. The rest do not and none of them require a DO letter. I have an MD letter and have interviews at DMU, KCUMB, KCOM, NSU, AZCOM, and SOMA. Maybe consider adding some of those.

i applied to DMU, KCUMB, CCOM, KCOM, NSU, AZCOM, SOMA, WCU, OUCOM, and Touro-NV. WCU and OUCOM have instate/regional biases so I wouldn't apply to those again. The rest do not and none of them require a DO letter. I have an MD letter and have interviews at DMU, KCUMB, KCOM, NSU, AZCOM, and SOMA. Maybe consider adding some of those.

Thanks a bunch. Will definitely look into these schools.