Chances? Sufficient Clinical Experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hammerax

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
cGPA: 3.93
sGPA: 3.88
MCAT: 32P 9V 12B 11P

• 2.5 years Palliative Care Program (Companion with adolescents with Chronic Illnesses)
  • OR Nursing Assistant for Summer 07 and Winter Break 08
  • VA Hospital Transporter since Jan 09
  • 50 Hours Physician Shadowing
  • Research Assistant since Fall 08 (mostly learning micro techniques, now starting to get into a legitimate project)
  • Captain of Project transitioning Cystic Fibrosis Patients from pediatric to adult care. (Just started)
  • Many other diverse ECs
  • FL Resident
  • Undergrad: University of Florida
I feel may be lacking a bit in the clinical experience department and my research is not particularly impressive.

School List:

• All FL schools
  • Georgetown
  • Northwestern
  • George Washington
  • University of Colorado
  • Rosalind Franklin
What are my chances? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Members don't see this ad.

apply to atleast 3-5 more just incase.

Members don't see this ad :)
You have a nice variety of clinical exposure and adequate shadowing. I think you'll be fine there. If your one year in a lab was nonsubstantive, you won't have much chance at Northwestern. Colorado is not very friendly to OOSers, I hear. I think you'll be fine at Rosalind Franklin. Maybe consider MCW, Loyola, St Louis U, and Creighton, as, though I think it likely you'll get love from your state schools, you really do need to add some more schools to be on the safe side.

You have a nice variety of clinical exposure and adequate shadowing. I think you'll be fine there. If your one year in a lab was nonsubstantive, you won't have much chance at Northwestern. Colorado is not very friendly to OOSers, I hear. I think you'll be fine at Rosalind Franklin. Maybe consider MCW, Loyola, St Louis U, and Creighton, as, though I think it likely you'll get love from your state schools, you really do need to add some more schools to be on the safe side.

Hope you're getting the point OP! lol