chances to med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
O

owcc16

just took MCAT..expect a 29-33...have a 3.26 avg..2.8 fresh, 3.4 soph, and 3.6 junior..tons of research, non hospital and hospital volunteering, shadowing, extracurrics, good recommendations, desire..chances?

owcc16

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry i needed to get my tarot cards out.

You my friend have exactly a 35.3% chance of getting into medical school.

Get real, no one can tell you what your actual chances are. Your gpa is low and your mcat is low to avg.

------------------
Rob
http://views.vcu.edu/medimf/rob/greatpumpkin.shtml

Members don't see this ad :)
The eight-ball says, "Try back later."

Look at old posts..we are tired of posting the same repeated information over and over. And it will get worse this summer when everyone will be getting their scores back.

Really, look at the TONS of old posts that many of us have responded to.

------------------
~Pegasus~

You have a shot. Be sure to apply to all your state schools and talk to students going to each school as well as physicians teaching there. Pull as many strings as you can. People get in with scores like yours all the time. I would advise applying to DO schools as well.

You're screwed. Totally screwed. And you seem like a mean person to boot.

Originally posted by BlueFalcon:
•You're screwed. Totally screwed. And you seem like a mean person to boot.•

:D
Do you think he will believe you?

you gpa is lower than average as for as med schools apps are concerned :( but you still have a chance :D let me give you an example:
I once read in a journal here in memphis that an app got accepted into utmem with a 2.4 GPA :eek: the article doesn't state what she made on the MCAT but it did state that her reason for her GPA being so low was that she was caring for her sickly parents while attending school :rolleyes: (just kidding) Basically the moral of the story is don't zero anything out regardless what anyone says. Hell I suggest you send it to at least one competitive school........HEY you never know. :D