Chances? URM Female, 3.8cGPA, 3.6sGPA,

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

miszfifi820

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You're golden!

Hi everyone,
so i would appreciate any help anyone can give on my chances. I started taking practice mcat exams and now freaking out.
here are my stats:

cGPA - 3.84
sGPA - 3.6
black female
first generation college student
underserved neighborhood
MCAT practice exams - ranging between 24-25
actual mcat test date July 25, 2014
submitted primary on June 25th , LORs are in, I will start working on secondaries that Ive received and prompts already available online once i take my mcats..
so in regards to timing - my application should be fully complete when i get my mcat score (aug 25) and i plan on submitting secondaries promptly as they come.
i have:
~900 clinical experience hours
~660 research experience hours (some of these hours coming from my own research project for a dissertation)
~40hrs shadowing
~2000 hrs volunteering - a **** load of extracurriculars and volunteering (medical and non medical) - ex) ER volunteering, Resident assistant during undergrad, sorority president, chemistry tutor, mentoring .. etc

I've already put in my primary so i might as well wait it out and see but I truthfully want to know if I should start planning to apply next cycle. should i put the money towards secondaries just to have to apply again next year? Ive already paid to apply to 19 schools on my primary because I didn't know where my mcats would land me, and thats already **** load of money.
Im not trying to go to harvard, i truthfully want to go to Morehouse.
and am I considered 'late' in regards of my app timing?

Any advice will help! thanks :)

Members don't see this ad :)
am I considered 'late' in regards of my app timing?

A little.

Thanks Goro, thats motivating advice, but you don't think my mcats are putting me on the edge?

You're way above average for your ethnicity. A 26 will probably land you multiple interviews at the very least. Average black matriculant has a 3.5 and a 27, and you have good ECs.