Chances with my scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kareena

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello

These are my academic/professional data

NBDE Part 1 - 83 ( Composite )
Toefl - yet to receive
Work Experience - 2 years ( dentist - India ) 4 months ( dental assistant - US )
GPA ( ECE ) - 3.03

Can anyone tell me what are my chances of getting into a dental school ?

Members don't see this ad.

You have to be open to the possibility of retaking part1.Good luck in your endevours.

divya said:
You have to be open to the possibility of retaking part1.Good luck in your endevours.
Hey divya
Hows UPenn treating you? :D
I mean how do you like it there? :D

Members don't see this ad :)
D(M)ental said:
Hey divya
Hows UPenn treating you? :D
I mean how do you like it there? :D
Its going good(touch wood)waiting to start clinics this week finally.Thank you for asking.

divya said:

Hello Divya

Are there schools that I can apply to ? I am not very happy with my scores but at the same time I just wanted to see if there is a chance of getting in anywhere.

kareena said:
Hello

Toefl - yet to receive
Work Experience - 2 years ( dentist - India ) 4 months ( dental assistant - US )
GPA ( ECE ) - 3.03

hi kareena
do u have any plans to give part2 exam very soon?

bingo_dentist said:
hi kareena
do u have any plans to give part2 exam very soon?
hi divya,
what do you advice?i dont k now if i should apply , retake or take my part 2.

kareena said:
hi divya,
what do you advice?i dont k now if i should apply , retake or take my part 2.
hi kareena,
Among all your options,from what I see the most simplest (A little frustrating but still lesser than applying and being on waitlist/rejected)is to redo part 1.
Part2 doesnt really make or break your case as long as you pass it.You have to score high in part 1 thats what counts.
Good luck.You really have worked very hard, just never give up.

divya said:
hi kareena,
Among all your options,from what I see the most simplest (A little frustrating but still lesser than applying and being on waitlist/rejected)is to redo part 1.
Part2 doesnt really make or break your case as long as you pass it.You have to score high in part 1 thats what counts.
Good luck.You really have worked very hard, just never give up.
hi divya,
thanx, but i really dont know how to struggle again.its just hard luck

I think is better to redo part I
my results are
part I - 84
part II - 82
TOEFL - 105
GPA - 3.44
and i am still thinking to retake part I before applying......

Hi,
These are my stats:
Gre:1210
TOEFL[CBT]-280
Part 1-96 [overall avg]
Gpa ECE -2.76...[this sucks :(]

Work experience-about 4 yrs in India...but still trying to get a job as a dental assistant here...
I am on H4 visa here..
Can anyone help me by telling if i have any chances of getting into a ental school with these stats..
regards,
richa

richa sharma said:
Hi,
These are my stats:
TOEFL[CBT]-280
Part 1-96 [overall avg]

Work experience-about 4 yrs in India...but still trying to get a job as a dental assistant here...
I am on H4 visa here..
Can anyone help me by telling if i have any chances of getting into a ental school with these stats..
regards,
richa
:)

hey richa
sorry for being harsh ...but you make feel jealous or i should say disheartened by saying this...any chances for dental school.??? :scared: ...comeon dear if you say so i feel im no where
the day i got my score i was in tears[so i didnt pm u] because even now i didnt know where i went wrong in test may be i was little overconfident ...but now i have accepted my score with heavy heart ...coz i'll not let my passion and fervor for dentisty go down the drains ...and 'll do my best
well...sorry for bugging ..
purpose of saying this is only that you have exceptionally good score ...which'll cover your gpa...
and bottom line is you 'll be in school for sure..mark my word
and cheer up!!!

You must take part 1 again, you can't get in anywhere these days with a 83..it's an unfortunate truth.

Members don't see this ad :)
richa sharma said:
Hi,
These are my stats:
TOEFL[CBT]-280
Part 1-96 [overall avg]

I am on H4 visa here..
regards,
richa

Hey Doc,
WOW ... Amazing Stats... CONGRATS ....with a part-1 score of 96 , I think you will land up confused trying to select which shool you should go to AFTER GETTING ADMISSION FROM EVERY SCHOOL YOU APPLY TO ....
Take my word.... 3-6 months from now you will start a new thread and post your query asking which shcool to choose....
96 is an ultimate score....

Congrats once again...
:thumbup: Good Luck

hi,
thank you indian BDS and HYDBDS. thank you all for encouraging me..I am just worried about my GPA..guess cant do much about tht..hope all your sayings come true!..
Indian BDS dont get disheartened..Atleast you know tht you had done your best!..this is what counts. You know if I would have got a less score..the 1st thing tht would have come to my mind would have been tht did i give my best or not?..We have been talking a couple of times earlier also. I know tht you have worked real hard. When you have stretched yourself to the limits wht more can you expect from yourself. If you hadn't put your heart into all this..and then got a less score..it is only then you shld feel bad...This is a competitive test..We all study to our level best..I am also an avg. student..Maybe my stars were lucky at tht time...I really feel it tht way!1..there might be so many frnds here who worked more than me and couldn't get thro'..Dont get disheartened at all. You all have it in you. We are all here to become successful dentists some day..and we all will.
Even i dont know wht my future has in store for me..All i think is i shld keep trying and trying...!! Dont let anything deter you from your goals. :thumbup:

Khurram, you might not remember me, but I have always looked upon you for inspiration. You and NileBDS have been factors in motivating me. I have got some help from you both too.I wish you also all the best for you future.I might be needing some more of your guidance now..I know you have just started with ur new school..hope u get time to answer my mails. :)
regards,
richa

richa sharma said:
hi,
thank you indian BDS and HYDBDS. thank you all for encouraging me..I am just worried about my GPA..guess cant do much about tht..hope all your sayings come true!..
Indian BDS dont get disheartened..Atleast you know tht you had done your best!..this is what counts. You know if I would have got a less score..the 1st thing tht would have come to my mind would have been tht did i give my best or not?..We have been talking a couple of times earlier also. I know tht you have worked real hard. When you have stretched yourself to the limits wht more can you expect from yourself. If you hadn't put your heart into all this..and then got a less score..it is only then you shld feel bad...This is a competitive test..We all study to our level best..I am also an avg. student..Maybe my stars were lucky at tht time...I really feel it tht way!1..there might be so many frnds here who worked more than me and couldn't get thro'..Dont get disheartened at all. You all have it in you. We are all here to become successful dentists some day..and we all will.
Even i dont know wht my future has in store for me..All i think is i shld keep trying and trying...!! Dont let anything deter you from your goals. :thumbup:

Khurram, you might not remember me, but I have always looked upon you for inspiration. You and NileBDS have been factors in motivating me. I have got some help from you both too.I wish you also all the best for you future.I might be needing some more of your guidance now..I know you have just started with ur new school..hope u get time to answer my mails. :)
regards,
richa

hi richa
thanks dear for your encouraging post...reagrding my score...you can say my bad day coz even by now i dont know where i went wrong the subject i studied rather knew more i scored least and one i studied least and didnt like i score max.. :confused:
may be this is the time for me to work hard and enjoy the fruits later [who knows]and GOD testing my patience and is varnishing me before i become a dentist...everyone has something or other stored for future
well just working on my sop these days...will catch you soon
good luck with your applications too :thumbup:

hi kareena even i got a score of 83
and my gpa is 3.44
toefl 273 even i am very confused whether i will get into any dental school.
kareena said:
Hello

Toefl - yet to receive
GPA ( ECE ) - 3.03

go

Last edited:
Hi guyz,

Im devastated with my scores. Can anybody tell me if i stand a chance to get into any dental school for the next academic year??

My stats are

NDBE Part1- 88
GPA- 3.44
TOEFL- 287

anybody who got through with scores like mine plzzz guide me...i registered just yday in this website.

Hi Chowdhry, Mine is also similar like yours...

My stats are,

Part 1: 88
GPA: 3.97
TOEFL: waiting...
GRE: 1300
Currently doing MS(Molecular Biology) with thesis..

So, where and all you are applying?? I'm planning to apply to all the universities possible...Anyone has any idea about someone who had gotten into univs with these stats??

renjualex said:
hi kareena
i have a simillar stat
nbd prt1 83
toefl 250 and gpa 3.1.
Hope for the best thats all what can be done now
hi renu,
its ok lets get over it and start studyingand dont feel bad

drss_21 said:
hi kareena even i got a score of 83
and my gpa is 3.44
toefl 273 even i am very confused whether i will get into any dental school.
hi
dont worry lets be positive and apply ,u never know dont be disheartened ,lets hope 4 the best.

indian bds said:
:)

hey richa
sorry for being harsh ...but you make feel jealous or i should say disheartened by saying this...any chances for dental school.??? :scared: ...comeon dear if you say so i feel im no where
the day i got my score i was in tears[so i didnt pm u] because even now i didnt know where i went wrong in test may be i was little overconfident ...but now i have accepted my score with heavy heart ...coz i'll not let my passion and fervor for dentisty go down the drains ...and 'll do my best
well...sorry for bugging ..
purpose of saying this is only that you have exceptionally good score ...which'll cover your gpa...
and bottom line is you 'll be in school for sure..mark my word
and cheer up!!!
your scores are really good .dont worry you will definitely get into