Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hjohn11

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! First time posting, second time applying, hoping to get some insight on my chances this year!

cGPA 3.85, sGPA 3.84
MCAT 511 - Chem/Phys 128, CARS 127, Bio/Biochem 128, Psych/Soc 128. Previous test was 501.
CT resident, ties to MN and IL
White, FAP recipient
Plenty of clinical and shadowing experience, volunteer EMS, not a great deal of research experience.
Played DIII sports, 2yr captain.
Took 4 years off after completing undergrad, Became EMT certified, and now pursuing med school.
AMCAS primary complete 7/21, verified 8/15.
Received all secondaries, submitted between 8/20-9/10.

Any input would be appreciated!

Schools Include:
UCONN
Quinnipiac
University of MN - TC & Duluth
Loyola
Rush
Rosalind Franklin
UIC
University of Wisconsin
MCW
Wake Forest
University of North Carolina
New York Medical College
Vermont
Colorado
University of Arizona - Phoenix & Tucson
UCLA - David Geffen
VCU
WVU
University of Alabama - Birmingham
George Washington
Oregon
Hawaii
Uniformed Services
North Dakota
Central Michigan

Members don't see this ad.

You have many state public schools on your list that accept very few non residents with no connections to the state and your stats including North Dakota, Central Michigan, Hawaii, Oregon, UCLA, U Wisconsin, Alabama, North Carolina. You can still add a few more schools at this date and I suggest these:
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Albany
Georgetown
Oakland Beaumont
St. Louis
Creighton
Tulane

Reactions: 1 user
You have many state public schools on your list that accept very few non residents with no connections to the state and your stats including North Dakota, Central Michigan, Hawaii, Oregon, UCLA, U Wisconsin, Alabama, North Carolina. You can still add a few more schools at this date and I suggest these:
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Albany
Georgetown
Oakland Beaumont
St. Louis
Creighton
Tulane

Thanks for the list, I will start on their secondaries ASAP! Do you think being verified mid August and submitting secondaries in September puts me late in the game? Also, I'm nervous about not having any solid research besides a senior seminar project that barely counts, is that going to hurt my chances?