Bandit

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2001
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Now for something completely different.

Has any practicing PA ever changed their specialty or area of practice? I work in a hospital covering admission from the ED and covering floors. I practice some pretty autonomous medicine in that my supervising physicina trusts me and pulls maybe 5 charts a week. Besides that I never see him. The money is good (but not great) and if I wanted, I could go to two weeks on and two weeks off -- still full time (80 hrs. week). This would free me up to work elsewhere per diem or drink beer, ride the bike, fish or paint the house....whatever.

Heres the rub. I have a chance to start anew in orthopedic surgery. Great people to work with, MUCH more money, far less autonomy, and I would no doubt be very low on the pole (not used to it!)
Oh, and here it comes -- I am not too crazy about ortho. I know --what???!! Any experiences worth sharing?

MrBob

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2001
N.C.
Status (Visible)
Boy...your current job sounds intrigueing......What kind of $$ ?? E-mail me...Wanna move South?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.