1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

change interview dates & dec 1st acceptances

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Dr. Kulkarni, Oct 29, 2002.

1. Dr. Kulkarni

Dr. Kulkarni Member
    7+ Year Member

2 questions:

1. is it bad to change an interview date? for example, if i schedule a temple interview for jan 10 and then 2 weeks from now, i hear from upenn and want to do them the same weekend but there are no openings (for upenn), would it be bad if i changed the temple one?

2. say you get in by dec 1st to some schools but haven't interviewed at the others you're waiting on. most schools i think have a 45 day grace period where you have to let them know if you want to accept their acceptance and thus, have to put down a HUGE deposit. how are you guys handling this? are u just gonna be put down deposits (non refundable by the way) just in case you don't get into the schools you're waiting on?

any info would be appreciated. thanks.

- kulkarni

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. AcidETCH

AcidETCH UPENN SDM '07
    7+ Year Member

1. Rescheduling shouldn't be a problem. If they ask, just tell them that some unforseen personal circumstance just took place and that you would appreciate it if they could reschedule you in earlier/later.

2. Yes. Sometimes you just have to lose a "little" for the chance to be where you want to be later on.

Good luck.

AE