change interview dates & dec 1st acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Kulkarni

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
2 questions:

1. is it bad to change an interview date? for example, if i schedule a temple interview for jan 10 and then 2 weeks from now, i hear from upenn and want to do them the same weekend but there are no openings (for upenn), would it be bad if i changed the temple one?

2. say you get in by dec 1st to some schools but haven't interviewed at the others you're waiting on. most schools i think have a 45 day grace period where you have to let them know if you want to accept their acceptance and thus, have to put down a HUGE deposit. how are you guys handling this? are u just gonna be put down deposits (non refundable by the way) just in case you don't get into the schools you're waiting on?

any info would be appreciated. thanks.

- kulkarni

Members don't see this ad.

1. Rescheduling shouldn't be a problem. If they ask, just tell them that some unforseen personal circumstance just took place and that you would appreciate it if they could reschedule you in earlier/later.

2. Yes. Sometimes you just have to lose a "little" for the chance to be where you want to be later on.

Good luck.

AE