Change is coming to Podiatry!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
"Britain today becomes the first country in the world to let physiotherapists and podiatrists prescribe drugs."

Pretty sure Pods in the states have been prescribing meds for decades...

Still, good news nonetheless. It's nice to see Pods getting more international recognition.

American trained Pods have been prescribing for a very long time...

Pods in the US are to my knowledge vastly different than those trained in other parts of the world. This tends to be a crux on the www (world wide web) because you have UK individuals explaining (and complaining) about one set of practitioners and US citizens applying the knowledge to a totally different a group with vastly different training.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
American trained Pods have been prescribing for a very long time...

Pods in the US are to my knowledge vastly different than those trained in other parts of the world. This tends to be a crux on the www (world wide web) because you have UK individuals explaining (and complaining) about one set of practitioners and US citizens applying the knowledge to a totally different a group with vastly different training.

Don't for get it is the same in Canada.

Podiatrist at our hospital even has admitting privileges... although they tend to just go on the medicine service because most of them are pretty damn sick.

Survivor DO

Podiatrist at our hospital even has admitting privileges... although they tend to just go on the medicine service because most of them are pretty damn sick.

Survivor DO

Pods with hospital privileges is the norm, is it not?

Pods with hospital privileges is the norm, is it not?

Privileges, sure. But not all hospitals will allow pods to admit. I would say the majority do, but there are some that would make you refer the patient out first.