SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Change of Address on AMCAS

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by goldie, Aug 21, 2001.

1. goldie

goldie Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Jul 24, 2001
    MA
    I just moved and want to change my mailing address on my AMCAS application. I initially submitted the form on July 6th. According to the AMCAS website, you're supposed to go in and change the information, then re-certify and submit. But would this push me back? Would I go to the back of the line? If anyone can give me an answer, I'd appreciate it, for AMCAS certainly won't tell me.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. jbfuq

jbfuq Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 2, 2001
    New Orleans
    I was in the same situation almost a month ago.....I called amcas and they said that it would not push me back, so I did it (i really didn't have a choice since the email address i was using at the time was a work address and i have since moved on to a different job). After all was said and done, my date certified and date transmitted is still the original date, so I don't think it will push you back. then again, my app hasn't been processed yet either.

4. SMW

SMW Grand Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 12, 2001
    anchorage, ak
    I have made several changes to my application, and my certification/submission date has stayed the same.