chinny

10+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2005
Status
Dental Student
friends,
i heard unofficially from one of my friends that the exam pattern for part1 and part2 are going to be changed from 2007. is it true?????
if any body are aware of the fact plz respong to this thread

dentalcn

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2005
Status
It is true and official! pls visit ADA official website....

chinny said:
friends,
i heard unofficially from one of my friends that the exam pattern for part1 and part2 are going to be changed from 2007. is it true?????
if any body are aware of the fact plz respong to this thread

divya

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2003
philadelphia,PA
Visit site
Status
I am just copying what was sent to me.Good luck

"The Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations will restructure the Part I exam beginning in January 2007.

Highlights of the new Part I exam are:
1. Assesses knowledge and problem solving skills
2. Comprehensive Format
3. 20% of questions will be embedded in testlets (clinical scenario followed by multiple choice questions)

Please note that candidates who do not successfully complete the new Part I exam will be required to re-take the ENTIRE exam. Also note that the Part I exam will be offered electronically ONLY beginning in January 2007.

For more information please see the ADA website, under educational and testing services, at www.ada.org"

About the Ads

inquest

10+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2006
Status
Dental Student
hey do u mean if i give part 1 in dec 2006...its score wont be considered??wil i hav to repeat it ?? cud u pls explain...thnaks

"The Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations will restructure the Part I exam beginning in January 2007.

2. Comprehensive Format
3. 20% of questions will be embedded in testlets (clinical scenario followed by multiple choice questions)

Please note that candidates who do not successfully complete the new Part I exam will be required to re-take the ENTIRE exam. Also note that the Part I exam will be offered electronically ONLY beginning in January 2007.

For more information please see the ADA website, under educational and testing services, at www.ada.org"[/QUOTE]

shlo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2004
Status
inquest said:
hey do u mean if i give part 1 in dec 2006...its score wont be considered??wil i hav to repeat it ?? cud u pls explain...thnaks

2. Comprehensive Format

For more information please see the ADA website, under educational and testing services, at www.ada.org"
[/QUOTE]

Ur score will be considered whenever you take the exam.......what they mean is starting next year, the pattern will change and everybody has to take the new pattern exam.........till this year end it is the same pattern..........

dentalcn

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2005
Status
Still confusing... the truth is we can not decide which pattern we gonna take... of course, everyone has to take the new format if ADA changes it.

Ur score will be considered whenever you take the exam.......what they mean is starting next year, the pattern will change and everybody has to take the new pattern exam.........till this year end it is the same pattern..........[/QUOTE]

shlo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2004
Status
dentalcn said:
Still confusing... the truth is we can not decide which pattern we gonna take... of course, everyone has to take the new format if ADA changes it.

Ur score will be considered whenever you take the exam.......what they mean is starting next year, the pattern will change and everybody has to take the new pattern exam.........till this year end it is the same pattern..........
[/QUOTE]

What is confusing about it......people who take exams this year will take the same format that is in use now.......their scores will definitely be considered....but people who take the exam from januaury 2007 have to take the new format.....I think this concept is simple.....r u talking about the format or something else????

About the Ads