Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Change/Submit button glitch!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by sz, Aug 7, 2001.

1. sz

sz Senior Member

Has the following happened to you?

You submitted your app. waited a couple of weeks. you saw verfication slashes next to you course work. the change/submit button appeared. ... a couple of days/weeks later the button disappeared.

This happened to me. I called and found out that apparently this is a new glitch in their system which was unidentified until I called! ... The AMCAS people were/are completely unaware of it and have now promised me to look into it ASAP .... Yeah Right!
    It seems that my app WAS processed, even transmitted and then for some mysterious reason was dumped back by the program into the "active/unprocessed status pile"
    Anyway, if you have had a similar experience, I urge you to call and let these people know .... cause otherwise they just go on unaware and you keepon waiting.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved

Resident [Any Field]
    when did you submit your application?

4. sz

sz Senior Member

06/28/2001

5. prometheus

prometheus Member

Hey, the same thing happened to me, but when I called the lady said they were processing my stuff. Of course that was last week and I still don't know if it has been processed or not. I also submitted on 6/28/01. I wonder if it has anything to do with that particular day.

6. sz

sz Senior Member

You may be right. The important thing is to somehow get through to AMCAS and let them know. Every time I call ... I have had to wait at least an hour to get through.
    By the way, ask to speak with Daemon Thompson. He is the supervisor of client services Dept ... Don't take no for an answer.
    When I told him about my problem he was surprised cause he hadn't heard anything about that particular glitch before, even though I had called a week earlier and was told my a crazy rep that changes (things appearing/disappearing)on the AMCAS app menu don't mean anything!
    I have a horrible feeling that all our reports/complaints made to the regular reps. just fall on deaf ears. I think they're in place to hear us rant and rave and forget the entire conversation as soon as we hangup.
    Anyhow, good luck ... I hope your problem gets fixed.