changes to amcas app

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by rae-chill, Oct 24, 2002.

1. rae-chill

rae-chill Member

i tried a search but it didn't go so well, so can anyone give me any quick feedback about what will happen if you submit a request for a change to your amcas app after it has been verified?
    will i have wait for verification again or will it just update without any complications/delays?
    thanks for your help in advance!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. wallie

wallie Member

I freaked out and added another school to my list about 2 weeks after I was verified. It didn't seem to cause any problem at all and my info was transmitted to the school 3-4 days later.

4. rae-chill

rae-chill Member

does anyone know if that's how it works for other change requests also (the kind where you have to write them a note)? i'm considering putting in a request for a change in my coursework section because i noticed there was a missing grade...
    thanks you guys!
    and thanks for the feedback wallie :)

5. kidsmd

kidsmd Senior Member

I had to make a change to some of my coursework... It took them about two weeks to make the change and this was back in July when there were supposedly less applicants....

6. rae-chill

rae-chill Member

:eek: my gawd, two weeks can make/break a person at this point... did your app change out of processed status while you were waiting for the changes?
    i'm afraid that if amcas takes me out of that processed state the schools will put my file on hold and wait to have it retransmitted... :confused:

7. Nefertari

Nefertari Undercover Premed

Probably best to not change it, considering the delay. One grade won't make a great difference in your gpa either. I'm sure if any school notices & asks you, they'd be understanding once you explain your situation (blame it on amcas).

Also, you could probably mention it in your 2ndaries, if the class was a science prereq. If non-science, most schools might not even notice.

8. kidsmd

kidsmd Senior Member

No they didn't change me out of the processed state....

9. siempre595

Send the change info directly to any schools you think it might affect your status at. I had some stuff show up blank for no apparent reason on my app (parent biographic info). The AMCAS rep I talked to suggested just sending a note/email to each school to let them know what was correct. They just put it in your file and life goes on. It's much easier than dealing with AMCAS processing all over again.