1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

changes

Discussion in 'Kaplan MCAT Forum (Sponsored)' started by PooshBag, Aug 4, 2015.

1. PooshBag

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    So, kaplan has updated their scoring. They have added percentiles. Are these percentiles relative to everyone else using thos kaplan full lengths? They said the percentiles are coming from AAMC. Could someone explain the percentiles?

Also, how have the updated scoring system changed your full length scores?

Thank you for your time.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. FutureBenCarson

FutureBenCarson Membership Revoked
    Removed

Pre-Medical
    Hey, I saw some of your other posts. Don't be afraid. I took a Kaplan Course and my highest scores ranged from 501-508, averaging around 503. And I got a 99th percentile on my actual exam which I took on 5/22. Your scores are actually pretty well, Kaplan wayyyy overestimated how difficult the exam would be when they were making their class for the next exam.

As for those percentiles, those are based on the people who have taken the exam. For example, people who got a 501 were given a percentile score of 54. 521 was 99th percentiles, 517 was 95th. etc. They just meant that they are giving percentiles based on the new scoring scales. They do NOT mean that they fixed the scoring based on old test takers who also took the kaplan practice exams.

PooshBag likes this.
  4. PooshBag

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Thank you! I appreciate the encouraging words very much! They really help! Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. And wow! Congratulations on such an excellent score!!!!!!

5. FutureBenCarson

FutureBenCarson Membership Revoked
    Removed

Pre-Medical
    ahhh its a good score. But really I'm not smart lol I just worked realllly hard. Best of luck!!!!