changing amcas?....not taking mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blahblahblahbla

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi...i am having knee surgery at the beginnning of august and i had sent in my amcas application saying that i was taking the aug mcat. i had taken the mcat before so i am just going to apply with those scores. i was wondering if anyone knows the procedure for informing the schools that i am not taking the mcat anymore.
in addition, does this look poor on my part that i can no longer take them or will schools understand?

Members don't see this ad.

blahblahblahbla said:
hi...i am having knee surgery at the beginnning of august and i had sent in my amcas application saying that i was taking the aug mcat. i had taken the mcat before so i am just going to apply with those scores. i was wondering if anyone knows the procedure for informing the schools that i am not taking the mcat anymore.
in addition, does this look poor on my part that i can no longer take them or will schools understand?

I might ask AAMC via email to be sure, but if I wasn't able to ask them, my guess would be just to email the admissions departments in the schools you're applying to and let them know. That way they can start looking now.

MoosePilot said:
I might ask AAMC via email to be sure, but if I wasn't able to ask them, my guess would be just to email the admissions departments in the schools you're applying to and let them know. That way they can start looking now.

i second that.

has your app been transmitted yet? perhaps amcas can do something now so they wont know. honestly i dont think that they will find out anyway...they may just put you in the other category and youll get mixed up...they are so busy they wont really care. but if you do end up emailing them, maybe you can say you are having surgery or just say that it was a mistake or something...very lightly, dont make a big deal out of it.