Changing Exam Date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wishing4MD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!
I am scheduled to take the exam may 19. I was thinking of pushing it to may 24. How much do you guys think a 5 day difference will make? Has anybody been in this position? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone!
I am scheduled to take the exam may 19. I was thinking of pushing it to may 24. How much do you guys think a 5 day difference will make? Has anybody been in this position? Thanks in advance!
I understand your hesitation.. but you should make this choice.. the 70$ is not important.. if postponing for 5 days is going to make you feel better , or give you more time to go over stuff , or increase your confidence .. then Go for it

i dont think you can accomplish much in 5 days, if you were postponing do it for at least 2 weeks or more

Thanks for the responses! I'm thinking 5 days can get me another practice exam and more passages for content review. I wont have anything to do but study. Anyone else been in a similar position?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was in a similar predicament. I had a date for May 19 but I dont feel confident about it. I pushed it back to June 21. I figure that in a 2-3 weeks, if I feel more confident, I can move it back to May 19 (especially since in NY theres a ton of seats available on the 19th because that's when we have our finals.) However, it's harder to get a date to postpone.

In the end, if you think the 5 days will help then do it but I honestly don't feel like 5 days is much. 10-14 yeah but 5? I guess it depends on how you're averaging in the MCAT. If by every exam you're improving by +2 points then the extra FL or two might help but if you're stagnant then it might not be worth it.

I can get a lot done in 5 days if I don't have class or work but I don't know your circumstances. I was scheduled for 4/28 and felt like I was behind so I pushed it to 5/19. I'm glad I did, the extra 4 weeks will definitely help tremendously.

I won't have anything to do those 5 days but study. I was also scheduled for 4/28 but moved it to may 19. I will start working on FL towards the end of next week and just focus on those and additional passages for more content review, while focusing more on passages in my weak areas based on my FL scores. I'm on the fence on weather to move it. I guess I'll take one or 2 FL, and see where I'm at after 5 days. If I feel it was particularly productive, I'll most likely switch!

Can someone show me how to change the actual date? I'm on the AAMC site and I don't see any option to, I know I haven't missed the deadline to change it since mine's is on May 24th. After I log in, I click on my account and the only options it gives are chagne pswd, change e-mail, change security, add privilege, and report duplicate acct.

Thanks