Changing mailing address post-secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BassPlease

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm contemplating changing my mailing address. The one I listed on AMCAS and the majority of my secondaries is my home address but the fact that I can't check it every day is really bugging me. Is it a huge hassle to switch it? Do I need to go through AMCAS and through each school? Should I change it back during an extended period of time away from my apartment, like during winter break?

If it is going to be a huge hassle I will leave it as it is... but just wanted to see what others thought!

-BP

Members don't see this ad.

I just had to change my mailing address. Moved from my summer apartment to my year long apartment and it's not too difficult. All schools have to receive the change from AMCAS so just change it under biographical information and resubmit your app (it's already verified so don't worry about having to wait in line again) and they will get your change. It may take a bit for them to actually input the change though. So I have to check both mailboxes for the next week until everything has been changed.