changing Majors..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

avinash

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im going to be a sophmore and im wondering if i should change majors, right now i am a biology major, but im only really intertesting the cellular biology, i dont really like learningf about plants and thier crazy life cycles, besides iv heard that the adcoms like to see different types of majors, not the usual biology and chemsitry. I was thinking abt switcing to radiation health physics, granted i havent really taken any classes on this stuff so i geuss ill have tot take some to find out if i like it, but it sounds more interesting, and its not the typical pre med major.

What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

avinash said:
Im going to be a sophmore and im wondering if i should change majors, right now i am a biology major, but im only really intertesting the cellular biology, i dont really like learningf about plants and thier crazy life cycles, besides iv heard that the adcoms like to see different types of majors, not the usual biology and chemsitry. I was thinking abt switcing to radiation health physics, granted i havent really taken any classes on this stuff so i geuss ill have tot take some to find out but it sounds more interesting, and its not the typical pre med major.

What do you guys think?

again......major is not important. as long as you like it and do well :)

avinash said:
Im going to be a sophmore and im wondering if i should change majors, right now i am a biology major, but im only really intertesting the cellular biology, i dont really like learning about plants and thier crazy life cycles, besides iv heard that the adcoms like to see different types of majors, not the usual biology and chemsitry. I was thinking abt switcing to radiation health physics, granted i havent really taken any classes on this stuff so i geuss ill have tot take some to find out if i like it, but it sounds more interesting, and its not the typical pre med major.

What do you guys think?

Hmm, you could sit in the class without registering for it and see if you like it. Or maybe you can read your college's catalog book or something to give you some details about the class. But having radiation health physics seems badass and unique. I think if you really like your major, you should stick to it no matter what adcoms think.

Is that like a tech degree? I.e. doing X-rays. If it is I would stray away from that.
If it is an academic discipline then that is indeed badass.
What school is it?