Changing my last name...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LargeFarva

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Just wondering what your thoughts are on last name changes.

This may sound quite ridiculous, but I've heard many last name jokes over the last 22 years. I won't specifically say what my last name is, but let's just say that after superbad came out, the number of times people have called me ***gle was uncountable. And then came the hangover and "Paging Dr. ******." was something I heard on a daily basis. Not that I'm offended, it's VERY hard to insult a 270 pound man with b*tch tits.

I just want to be taken seriously.

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

At first glance I thought the title had to do with faking URM status...

I.e. "Hai gui's, should I change muh name to Lopez-gonzales so adcomms will think I'm Mexicano?"

Disappointing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Go for it: it's your last name. :rolleyes:

If you're 270 pounds with b*tch tits, I think they'd frown on that more than a ridiculous last name given to you by birth. Although, I do know quite a few doctors who could use a walk around the neighborhood themselves...

I think that it's something you should just do if you think it'll make you happy. I'm not sure what should be discussed.

Agreed.. its shouldn't be that big of a deal.. however it may be a hassle (credit cards, drivers license, etc have to be changed) but if it makes you happier do it

If you're 22 years old and haven't gotten over it yet, it's probably worth changing it.

Go for it.

I'm changing my last name from Singh to Jefferson since I am applying as black (also this might increase my chances of getting in at Jefferson Medical School).

If it's really bothering you, do it.

Not that I'm offended, it's VERY hard to insult a 270 pound man with b*tch tits.

I just want to be taken seriously.

Thoughts?

Get off your ass, go to the gym, and get buff. If anyone messes with you then, give em a nice shiner.

Changing your last name isn't going to change who YOU are.

Like I said, it's not that it bothers me anymore, I just think people will respect me more if they aren't tempted to make a joke everytime they see my name.

And my weight wasn't meant to be a point in this thread, I just dont have time to work out when I'm going to school full time and working 60 hours a week.

I'm not sure if asking a bunch of random people over t3h Internetz about a major life decision is the best idea, but anyways....

Changing your last name would mean just giving in. If you feel so troubled by your appearance, look at this for inspiration and hit the gym:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108359701

All you require is 3-4 hours a week max.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Now I'm way too curious about what your last name is to give any advice/opinions

It has to be able to fit a three-word AND a six-word curseword, neither of which exist in any great quantity.

Change your last name to Saget or perhaps just change your full name to "Lil _(Insert first name)__"

Go for it.

I'm changing my last name from Singh to Jefferson since I am applying as black (also this might increase my chances of getting in at Jefferson Medical School).

8de09-NotSureIfSerious.jpg

Go for it.

Back to ambivalence about flatearth22's troll status. Unfortunately, history shows that he might be TOTALLY SRS.

Who cares about flatearths trolling post - ignore them, he's just some disgruntled asian who has like a 3.5 and pissed he won't be cut any slack since there is an oversaturation of asians in the medical workforce.

Who cares about flatearths trolling post - ignore them, he's just some disgruntled asian who has like a 3.5 and pissed he won't be cut any slack since there is an oversaturation of asians in the medical workforce.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Don't forget that he's pissed that his "elite UG institution" won't give him any slack. And he's pissed that he turned down a BS-MD acceptance straight out of high school

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Don't forget that he's pissed that his "elite UG institution" won't give him any slack. And he's pissed that he turned down a BS-MD acceptance straight out of high school

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: hahahahaha wow. He's probably pissed his elite UG institution is burying him in debt.

I'd say this has to be a personal choice, but if it's bugging you this much, what the heck? ;) Are your family members ok with it?

I am actually swapping back to my maiden name for med school, and to help you on your way of what needs to be done I'll tell you what my med school told me:

They suggested I get my SS card changed first. I think yours would be a bit more complicated (different form) since you will have a totally new last name. Once you have a SS card change you should be able to get your license changed. My med school only required I show the driver's license to change everything in their system.

Good luck either way :)

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: hahahahaha wow. He's probably pissed his elite UG institution is burying him in debt.

:confused:

I went to Berkeley instate. It was reallllly cheap (less than 10k a year) plus I had National Merit. My parents paid for whatever wasn't covered by the scholarships I had plus they gave me spending money. I have no debt.

I have a pretty good chance of getting into a US MD school. Which my parents are paying for regardless of price (we're fortunate to be pretty well off).

lol at "debt"....sorry your guys parents aren't wealthy enough and/or caring enough to pay for your education.

At least most of us here aren't spoiled. I bet you've never worked a day in your life.

I'm working as a tech in a lab as I type this. 20-30 hrs a week during my gap year. Probably quitting in January though to do something else (or just travel if I already have an acceptance by then)

I'm working as a tech in a lab as I type this. 20-30 hrs a week during my gap year. Probably quitting in January though to do something else (or just travel if I already have an acceptance by then)

Oh nice, I stand corrected.

Wow, your a senior and applying this cycle?

Now I am surprised.

I went to Berkeley instate. It was reallllly cheap (less than 10k a year) plus I had National Merit. My parents paid for whatever wasn't covered by the scholarships I had plus they gave me spending money. I have no debt.

I have a pretty good chance of getting into a US MD school. Which my parents are paying for regardless of price (we're fortunate to be pretty well off).

lol at "debt"....sorry your guys parents aren't wealthy enough and/or caring enough to pay for your education.

Your humility is so attractive.

Maybe my parents want to foster independence and make sure I thoroughly value my education!

Acutaly they just don't care enough, and I've had to support myself since I was 17. Thanks for reminding me :laugh:

Part of me wants to start taking bets to see how long it is before flatearth is banned, but if he was we here in pre-allo would lose a great source of entertainment.