Jun 4, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
So I need to change my schedule and take out one class because I'm having a hard time trying to fit it into my schedule. It's one of the classes I have to take for my psych minor so it's not a class that is required for dental school and I will just take it next semester instead. Should I notify all of the schools I applied to about this change? Do you think it will have a negative effect on my application?

2+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
So I need to change my schedule and take out one class because I'm having a hard time trying to fit it into my schedule. It's one of the classes I have to take for my psych minor so it's not a class that is required for dental school and I will just take it next semester instead. Should I notify all of the schools I applied to about this change? Do you think it will have a negative effect on my application?
No, I'm changing a few courses too. It's advised to change them during the academic update period.

OP
ILoveChickenNuggets
Jun 4, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
No, I'm changing a few courses too. It's advised to change them during the academic update period.
academic update period...meaning when all of my classes are over at the end of this semester and I have to input my grades in AADSAS, I can just take the class out then? Do you think I should email my schools now and let them know about this schedule change though?

2+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
academic update period...meaning when all of my classes are over at the end of this semester and I have to input my grades in AADSAS, I can just take the class out then? Do you think I should email my schools now and let them know about this schedule change though?
Academic update period is in the middle of the fall semester AFAIK. As long as it's not a pre-requisite class, I don't think they would care/matter...

OP
ILoveChickenNuggets
Jun 4, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Academic update period is in the middle of the fall semester AFAIK. As long as it's not a pre-requisite class, I don't think they would care/matter...
Awesome thanks!