1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Changing to Pennsylvania Resident

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by beastmode, Dec 19, 2008.

1. beastmode

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I just received an interview invite from Temple. I was wondering if it is possible to gain in state status after a year like certain other schools? There is ~$50,000 difference in tuition. This will ultimately affect whether or not I attend the interview as I have already been accepted to a cheaper school that I like a lot.

2. Hopeful20

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    In adding to the OP's question, is it common for a student to attend a public university as an out-of-state student, then becoming a resident their sophomore year? Is this even possible? Perhaps through renting an apartment nearby the school?

3. beastmode

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Depends on the state. I heard it is impossible in Virginia. Possible in Maryland but difficult, and fairly easy in New York.

4. DentalQT

DentalQT UMDNJ '09
    5+ Year Member

Dentist
    It depends on the school. At NJDS it's very easy. Everyone in my class got it all you have to do is register to vote (no need to change driver's license) At Temple it's much harder, when I applied to temple I was a New Jersey resident but had a house in own in Philly and I still couldn't even get in-state. I mean geez I pay Philly taxes!!! Talk to the students there and see how they did it I know they said it depends on how you fill out the forms. At your interview I believe they ask for you address then.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Flipper405

Flipper405 "Excessive" flosser
    Dentist 7+ Year Member

Dentist
    never mind...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Dentgirl09

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    did anyone ever search more on this? i am curious as well