changing width of screen

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

passion4atcg

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all!

on the aamc practice cbt tests, you can change the width of the reading section (left side) on the verbal. can you do this on the real cbt mcat?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Ditto,

You cannot change the width on the real CBT MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can't change it, didn't really bother me.

More of a problem is the ghetto 1996 non-LCD monitors with the slow refresh rates.

I didnt try, but this was the most annoying thing about the testing conditions. The scroll bar on the right was nearly invisible, and I couldn't really tell where the bar was, and ended up with random page-ups/page-downs instead of just being able to scroll down. It wasnt a big deal, but I kept feeling worried about accidentally skipping something (thankfully the review screen set these worries to rest) I considered trying to adjust the monitor (h-pos), but decided the small risk of creating a bigger problem was too great

I didnt try, but this was the most annoying thing about the testing conditions. The scroll bar on the right was nearly invisible, and I couldn't really tell where the bar was, and ended up with random page-ups/page-downs instead of just being able to scroll down. It wasnt a big deal, but I kept feeling worried about accidentally skipping something (thankfully the review screen set these worries to rest) I considered trying to adjust the monitor (h-pos), but decided the small risk of creating a bigger problem was too great

does that mean your mouse didn't have a scroll wheel?

No, I was not able to change the width of the screen for the april 16th MCAT. Its not that big of a deal because the screen at my test center was really large.

yes, this is not a big deal - at worst, mildly annoying. however, if you want to adjust the monitor, I'd strongly not waiting until after the test starts.

+pissed+

can you change ANYTHING about the layout? when i get tired i make my computer screen look like my grandmother's with bigger font by using the zoom option at the internet toolbar. obviously that is not an option huh? oh well. the test is only 5 hours. nothing like the 10 hour studying days plus working in front of a computer for an additional 4 or so that i do almost every day. my eyes hate me. now with allergies too.... wow i am really whining. ugh cannot wait until next friday is over.

can you change ANYTHING about the layout? when i get tired i make my computer screen look like my grandmother's with bigger font by using the zoom option at the internet toolbar. obviously that is not an option huh? oh well. the test is only 5 hours. nothing like the 10 hour studying days plus working in front of a computer for an additional 4 or so that i do almost every day. my eyes hate me. now with allergies too.... wow i am really whining. ugh cannot wait until next friday is over.

reading glasses.